Windows 10: Xbox 360 driver problems

Discus and support Xbox 360 driver problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a wireless xbox 360 controller receiver that was working fine updating drivers manually via the device manager. I've format my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alvaro B Marcos, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 driver problems

Hello,

I have a wireless xbox 360 controller receiver that was working fine updating drivers manually via the device manager.

I've format my computer and now is not working. After I update drivers, the device shows as unknown without the yellow mark and it shows it doesn't have drivers installed.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different USBs and nothing, it doesn't work.

Here you can see before and after installing drivers... Nothing changes.
    https://ibb.co/KhpQwRt
    https://ibb.co/WFRqsPQ

Thank you for your help.

:)

Alvaro B Marcos, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Jun 17, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Can't reinstall xbox 360 controller driver

If you have this driver installed it should show at the bottom of Device Manager (Hidden... Why ?)

as XBOX 360 Peripherals and be listed in Programs and Features under Microsoft XBOX 360 accessories.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware

If it is listed in Programs and Features try uninstalling. Reboot and reinstall.

BossDweeb, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 driver problems

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 driver problems

1. Xbox 360 driver problems - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 driver

2. Need updated Xbox 360 drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need updated Xbox 360 drivers: Trying to find new drivers for Xbox 360 devices, as the current ones I have 10.0.19041.1, dated 12/6/2019 cause GPU issues when I connect special controllers Such as the Force Feedback Steering Wheel or the AC6 Ace Edge. Whenever these devices are connected, my GPU...
  3. Need updated Xbox 360 drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need updated Xbox 360 drivers: Trying to find new drivers for Xbox 360 devices, as the current ones I have 10.0.19041.1, dated 12/6/2019 cause GPU issues when I connect special controllers Such as the Force Feedback Steering Wheel or the AC6 Ace Edge. Whenever these devices are connected, my GPU...
  4. Need updated Xbox 360 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.

Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.: I've recently been gave a Kinect for the Xbox 360 so I could use it for Virtual Reality full body capture. I've been trying to install the drivers but to no avail. The most amount of drivers that have actually installed are 2/5. I'm not sure why it's like that and any help...
  6. Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.

Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.: Somebody please help me, I've fully reset my computer at this point and the kinect's drivers never fully install. I've used the 1.8 SDK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-kinect-drivers-not-installing/9085aee4-b32e-4350-917f-58e21da127db
  7. xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers: So this question has been asked to death I know but the issue I'm having is when looking for drivers on my computer I'm only presented with 3 options for 360 accessories: driver for controller, for play n charge and for wireless adapter. The most current 2015 driver is...
  8. xbox 360 controller driver help

xbox 360 controller driver help: Since a windows 10 update on 20/11/2020, the xbox wireless receiver i use with old xbox 360 controllers no longer seems to work. In the device manager, it stays as an other device > unknown device. When i update the driver, or uninstall and re-attach and update the driver to...
  9. Location of XBOX 360 Controller Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location of XBOX 360 Controller Drivers: [ATTACH] I have an Astro C40 and since the May update it does not function (it shows up as an audio device). I'm trying to find the location of the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers so I can try to forcibly update the driver to it. Can anyone please direct me to where in...
  10. Problems with xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with xbox 360 controller: Hey guys! So a friend lent me a xbox 360 controller so I can use for my games. The problem is that I plug the controller, my pc makes the sound that something connected, but the circle keeps flashing green. The controller appears in Device Management, but I can't use it, and...