Windows 10: Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1

Discus and support Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Very few times, when I plug my game pad, it's wrongly associated with port 2. I know it's port 2 because the light at top right of the pad is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shenmue is life, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1

Hi,

Very few times, when I plug my game pad, it's wrongly associated with port 2. I know it's port 2 because the light at top right of the pad is on instead of the one at top left.

The only other plugged USB devices are :

- my wireless mouse Logitech G602

- keyboard

- three Oculus sensors for virtual reality

- a wifi sensor

I can solve the issue by closing my session and re-opening it but since it's time consuming, I'm looking for a real fix.

Thanks.

:)

Shenmue is life, Jan 4, 2020

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Thank you for your response. We would like to verify if you have tried to plug the controller into a different USB port on your computer.

The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows needs a powered USB port. If the controller is not working correctly, try changing it to a different USB port. Avoid using USB hubs or the front ports on a PC. Unpowered hubs or ports might not provide enough power
    to the controller. For best results, plug the controller into another USB port on the back of the computer.

Typically, the ports on the back of a computer are powered ports. Ports on the front of the computer may not be powered ports. An external USB hub doesn’t provide powered ports if it doesn’t have its own separate power supply or AC adapter.

Since the issue started after an update, you can uninstall Windows Updates from your computer by following the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Go to Update & security.
    • Under the Check for updates button, click Update History.
    • Select Uninstall updates.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

This process will only allow you to remove updates that Windows has installed since installing the previous build.

Make sure that your controller is calibrated by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Xbox 360 controller setup

Hi Sam,

Many PC games let you play with an Xbox controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

To help you with your Xbox controller concern, we suggest that you update your controller's device drivers. To download the latest device drivers for the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, you may proceed to this
    link.

If the controller is not working correctly, try changing it to a different USB port. Avoid using USB hubs or the front ports on a PC. Unpowered hubs or ports might not provide enough power for the controller. For best results, plug the controller into another
    USB port on the back of the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Julie Ram, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1

Ports

Hi Mark,

The status of the network ports determines how your device communicates with the Xbox Live servers. There are different ports required for each device. For an Xbox One console, you may refer to

Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One
    . Check out
    Xbox 360 network ports and router configurations for Xbox Live
    for more information regarding network post required for an Xbox 360 console. If you're using Windows 10, see

Troubleshoot audio in parties and issues with multiplayer games on Windows 10
    and look for
    Open ports on your router or gateway.

Moreover, there are additional ports required by the game server. See
    Port Forward Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    for more information.

You may also get in touch with the game developer for further assistance with regard to the network ports required for the game. Refer to this link for their contact information:

Ubisoft

Let us know if you have other questions. We're here to clear things out.

Catherine Cus., Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1

1. Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1 - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 Gamepad

2. PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad: Hello, I buy a PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad, I doubt its originality, there are no microsoft inscriptions and holographic stickers on it. You also have to manually install drivers. Does the TECTINTER brand cooperate with Microsoft or is it a fake?...
  3. PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad: Hello, I buy a PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad, I doubt its originality, there are no microsoft inscriptions and holographic stickers on it. You also have to manually install drivers. Does the TECTINTER brand cooperate with Microsoft or is it a fake?...
  4. PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  6. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  7. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2: Hi, It already happened to me several times - sometimes, a USB device that worked fine on USB1 (just a name of a USB port), stops working on this port, and when I connect this same device to another 'new' USB port, it works. I happened to me with a DisplayLink docking...
  9. 2 HDMI ports only 1 works

2 HDMI ports only 1 works: Intel i7-9700F @ 3GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti I have one Monitor hooked up works fine and I'm attempting to hook up a 2nd monitor to the 2nd HDMI display port on the PC yet NOTHING happens. Both HDMI cables and Both Monitors work when using the initial...
  10. usb not assigning a com port

usb not assigning a com port: my usb device needs a com port how do i manually assign one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-assigning-a-com-port/462324da-54ea-4a9e-b158-97992c4f4ad2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can an xbox 360 gamepad be used instead of a mouse on windows 10