Windows 10: Xbox 360 headset on Windows 10 PC doesnt work anymore potentially after update

Discus and support Xbox 360 headset on Windows 10 PC doesnt work anymore potentially after update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, My headset for my xbox 360 controller that plugs into the 2.5 mm jack has stopped working. I connect to my pc via the windows branded wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bcatalyst, Nov 27, 2020.

1. bcatalyst Win User

Xbox 360 headset on Windows 10 PC doesnt work anymore potentially after update

Hello,

My headset for my xbox 360 controller that plugs into the 2.5 mm jack has stopped working. I connect to my pc via the windows branded wireless xbox 360 receiver and the headset use to work fine on this computer. I know the headset works and I've tried different controllers but still can't get it to work on my computer. the microphone aspect can be heard, but the earphone plays muffled audio and has an echoing pulse to it. So I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers and there's just nothing I can do to fix this.

So interestingly enough, I tried this on another windows 10 computer in my house that I haven't updated in awhile. When I tried the headset and controller on there it works perfectly as intended. Then I updated the computer with the Windows 10 version 20h2 and my earphone piece all of a sudden had the same issue of muffling and not being able to make anything out distinctly. I rollback the update and it works again. So I believe it has something to do with this. Also my cousin has an xbox 360 wired controller to his pc and his headset is doing the same thing where the earphone piece of the headset is just not working. I believe he just updated his pc as well and it's related to this update. I dont know if microsoft will even bother fixing this because they probably want you to switch to xbox one controllers, but I find it annoying that all of a sudden the headset just doesnt work when there was nothing wrong with it prior. I'd love to know if there will be a patch or if there is some other fix to do because I've done everything I can here. unfortunately the computer I use the most is beyond the rollback timeframe for this update so I was only able to test it on one computer

:)

bcatalyst, Nov 27, 2020
  2. SevenNine Win User

Creators Update Broke My XBOX 360 Headset Device (Unknown Device)

I can no longer use the mic that came with my Xbox 360 wired controller on my Windows 10 PC after I upgraded to the Creators Update a few days ago. In the Device Manager it is listed as 'Unknown device' and if I try to 'Upgrade Drivers' then I get this error message: "XBOX 360 Headset Device. An error occurred during the installation of the device. The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. Contact your hardware vendor". Anyone have any idea how I can get it working again? I can't find the driver for this thing anywhere! I used it for Cortana searches as well as communication in Overwatch.

Xbox 360 headset on Windows 10 PC doesnt work anymore potentially after update [​IMG]

SevenNine, Nov 27, 2020
  3. xbox 360 wired headset work with windows for headset?

Topic says it all.

Will the xbox 360 wired head set work on the pc to play tf2 or any other multiplayer fps?

Some one said that the wired controller with the headset worked but can someone confirm this?

freaksavior, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 headset on Windows 10 PC doesnt work anymore potentially after update - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 headset

2. xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc: I just got my original xbox 360 packaging out of storage and I realized I never took my wired headset out of the packaging, I was excited to use it on my pc and I connected it to a wired xbox one controller with a 2.5 to 3.5 converter and people told me I sounded like I was...
  3. xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc: I just got my original xbox 360 packaging out of storage and I realized I never took my wired headset out of the packaging, I was excited to use it on my pc and I connected it to a wired xbox one controller with a 2.5 to 3.5 converter and people told me I sounded like I was...
  4. xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  6. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  7. Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows not working anymore.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows not working anymore.: I have an Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver and a Controller aswell. Had no issues until I had to unplug it from my PC because of apartment renovations. After everything is done I put my PC back together to find out my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows not working...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update: My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried...
  9. the xbox 360 wireless controller doesnt work on microsoft games after windows 10 2004 update

the xbox 360 wireless controller doesnt work on microsoft games after windows 10 2004 update: hi did you fixed the xbox 360 receiver drivers for the xbox 360 controller in windows 10 2004? i tried the fix : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX2GDzfT6A&t=4s but it doesnt work on microsoft games.can you fix it?...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore: A while back, when Windows updated, my Xbox controllers quit working on Windows 10. My Playstation controllers and Switch Pro controllers work fine. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, wirelessly with the dongle adapter that came with the Xbox. I tried finding new drivers for...