Windows 10: Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input

Discus and support Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an Xbox 360 kinect plugged into my computer and I have the kinect SDK 1.7 drivers installed. Any newer than that and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AwesomeNate06, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input

Hi all,

I have an Xbox 360 kinect plugged into my computer and I have the kinect SDK 1.7 drivers installed. Any newer than that and my system doesn't recognize a kinect is connected. Is there any way I can make it into an actual camera input? I tried the OpenNI virtual input, but it doesn't connect to OBS and it only shows one, very low resolution image on skype.

:)

AwesomeNate06, Jul 29, 2020

2. xbox one and kinect 360 games

We recently purchased an xbox one s and the xbox one Kinect sensor. I also purchased my kids xbox 360 Kinect games. Will these games work on the new Kinect one? Do I need to purchase an adaptor? I am so confused. When I search for xbox one Kinect games
    nothing comes up but the xbox 360 Kinect games.

MichaelSlaughter, Jul 29, 2020
  3. windows kinect

Hi Ruja,

To answer your query, Kinect for Windows is only programmed to work on Windows computers. Xbox consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360 can use Xbox Kinect specifically programmed for each of them.

For more information about Kinect for Windows and Xbox Kinect, you can refer to the links below:

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Galane Win User

Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input

Making an Xbox 360 Kinect work on Win 10 x64?

I picked up an original Xbox 360 Kinext and USB/power adapter for under $15. I'd like to use it for 3D scanning but so far haven't been able to get it working.

I've found some old info, and a ton of people who have reading comprehension problems telling people asking about the Xbox 360 Kinect how to make the Xbox One Kinect work. *Banghead

I *could* put together a computer with Windows 7 to use it, but would much rather get it working on 10 on my laptop. I do have a white Xbox 360 but no games for Kinect.

Galane, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input

1. Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 Kinect

2. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  3. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  4. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.

Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.: I've recently been gave a Kinect for the Xbox 360 so I could use it for Virtual Reality full body capture. I've been trying to install the drivers but to no avail. The most amount of drivers that have actually installed are 2/5. I'm not sure why it's like that and any help...
  6. Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.

Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.: Somebody please help me, I've fully reset my computer at this point and the kinect's drivers never fully install. I've used the 1.8 SDK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-kinect-drivers-not-installing/9085aee4-b32e-4350-917f-58e21da127db
  7. Getting Windows 10 to recognise xbox 360 kinect as a webcam

Getting Windows 10 to recognise xbox 360 kinect as a webcam: Dear All, With the current situation COVID-19 I am setting up a home office. Everything is great accept the webcam issue all sold out in the shops etc. I have pulled out an old xbox 360 Kinect and have had some success with installing it. I have the drivers installed:...
  8. Xbox 360 kinect compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox 360 kinect compatibility: i have questions about the original Xbox 360 kinect software for windows 10 do i use the new versions or the old versions of the SDK Programs? i have the Xbox 360 kinect...
  9. Getting Xbox 360 Kinect working with Windows 10?

Getting Xbox 360 Kinect working with Windows 10?: Hi there, In response to this thread here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/driver-for-kinect-360-windows-10/684d6a83-257e-49f7-bb4b-8193ba022851 Trying to get the Xbox 360 Kinect working with Windows 10. It had worked once before, it remained...
  10. kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10: i've been trying to use my kinect as a webcam input but it detects the kinect as an audio device. right now it only flashing green light with the laser continuously flashing...