Windows 10: XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.

Discus and support XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After ugrading yesterday morning from the latest Windows 10 Pro "1909" Cumulative Update to the now "2004" update, I went to my Device Manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrentWestmoreland, Jun 11, 2020.

1. XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.

After ugrading yesterday morning from the latest Windows 10 Pro "1909" Cumulative Update to the now "2004" update, I went to my Device Manager and realized my XBox 360 USB wireless receiver was not operating. Microsoft driver won't install.

I have numerous Laptops and Desktops in my home here and a few have not had the "2004" update offered to install and are still running the "1909" update.

I went to a couple of these laptops running in "1909" and both had no problem in installation of drivers for my XBox 360 receiver.

Please Microsoft team, create new drivers for this ASAP. I'm "Jones 'n" here not able to utilize my wireless controller.

Sincerely

:)

BrentWestmoreland, Jun 11, 2020

2. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 11, 2020
  3. nttura1 Win User
    Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi.

After Windows 10 latest updates , my xbox receiver cannot find my xbox 360 controller.

How can i fix that ?

Not : I tried the things listed below ;

*Unplugged, change the usb ports,

*Uninstall driver and install again

*Uninstall driver and choose another type of device driver ( Charge and Play kit, Xbox Receiver, Xbox Controller from the device manager)

*Try another xbox 360 wireless controller

nttura1, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.

Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.

1. XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update. - Similar Threads - XBox 360 Periferals

2. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver: The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360 controller for windows which is wrong driverto Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver: The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360 controller for windows which is wrong driverto Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004: Hello! So today I looked through the cabinets and found my Xbox 360 controller and the wireless receiver from there. Ofcourse I tried to connect it to my PC, but here is the problem: I downloaded the drivers (accidentally twice) as WinRAR, extracted them and countiuned to...
  5. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004

Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004: My original receiver broke and I had to buy a replacement. I've tried countless times to make it work, drivers install nicely using workaround but my controller still can't connect. Is it faulty receiver or am I doing something wrong? submitted by /u/Mordek112 [link]...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update: My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004: I bought this 3rd party wireless receiver in January of this year and it worked just fine* after going into the device manager and finding the drivers and manually choosing the correct driver like in this video. I'll admit that I haven't used it in a while so there's a...
  8. Driver Wireless XBOX 360 Controller WINDOWS 10 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Wireless XBOX 360 Controller WINDOWS 10 2004: Hello , i don't no if microsoft see this big problem for Wireless XBOX 360 Controller WINDOWS 10 2004 , after this update many pad not work this is big problem for gamers , all last driver not work i see all youtub video all tutorial all subject in microsoft Community . can...
  9. Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004: After updating to version 2004 my receiver stopped working... is anyone else having the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-receiver-for-xbox-360-stopped-working/d7d6d74a-0837-416d-9dfe-d2eabbc2fac1
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004: Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the...