Windows 10: Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

Discus and support Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear all, I purchased a chinese xbox 360 controller receiver a while ago. It was working fine and all, had no issues with the driver. However, until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alkylon, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Alkylon Win User

Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

Dear all,

I purchased a chinese xbox 360 controller receiver a while ago. It was working fine and all, had no issues with the driver. However, until a few days ago, my windows got corrupted due to a bios update. So naturally, I reinstalled windows on my pc.

However this time, the drivers will not install

I click update drivers and select the receiver option from the list of drivers. It says successfully installed, but nothing happens and it still reports as if the driver hasn't been installed. The controller won't also connect.

Ps. Developer mode is on

:)

Alkylon, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Aug 1, 2020
  3. nttura1 Win User
    Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi.

After Windows 10 latest updates , my xbox receiver cannot find my xbox 360 controller.

How can i fix that ?

Not : I tried the things listed below ;

*Unplugged, change the usb ports,

*Uninstall driver and install again

*Uninstall driver and choose another type of device driver ( Charge and Play kit, Xbox Receiver, Xbox Controller from the device manager)

*Try another xbox 360 wireless controller

nttura1, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

1. Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 receiver

2. the xbox 360 for windows is missing in my device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the xbox 360 for windows is missing in my device manager: i uninstall my xbox 360 for windows in my device manager and i want to recover it what should i do please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-xbox-360-for-windows-is-missing-in-my-device/16093e3f-cf68-47c1-8c44-f7ff193c10b0
  3. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver: The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360 controller for windows which is wrong driverto Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver...
  4. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver: The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360 controller for windows which is wrong driverto Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver...
  5. Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.: I've recently been gave a Kinect for the Xbox 360 so I could use it for Virtual Reality full body capture. I've been trying to install the drivers but to no avail. The most amount of drivers that have actually installed are 2/5. I'm not sure why it's like that and any help...
  6. Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.

Xbox 360 Kinect drivers not installing.: Somebody please help me, I've fully reset my computer at this point and the kinect's drivers never fully install. I've used the 1.8 SDK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-kinect-drivers-not-installing/9085aee4-b32e-4350-917f-58e21da127db
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever not in Device Manager

Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever not in Device Manager: Subject says it all. It's not in device manager and it isn't in Other Devices, even with "Show hidden devices" enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-reciever-not-in-device-manager/d923f4dc-3d51-41b5-a581-d5e8d875a530
  8. Can't install the Xbox 360 Wireless receiver on W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install the Xbox 360 Wireless receiver on W10: For some reason I can't install my wireless receiver on W10. The controller I have is an original one that came with the Xbox 360, while the wireless is third party. My OS is in check, all of the main updates are installed (the optional ones are just keyboard, speaker, etc.)...
  9. XBOX 360 receiver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBOX 360 receiver issue: Hello, first I want to say that I spent over 2 hours searching how to solve this problem i google. To the point. Couple of days ago my receiver worked normally till I had to connect it again. Known procedure. Device menager, unknown device, etc. But this time when I choose...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...: So I have an Xbox 360 receiver I have been using for years. I haven't used it in a while, but I decided I wanted to use it again. I connected the device, it showed up as unknown device, from here I followed the normal steps of installing the driver from device manager....