Windows 10: Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

Discus and support Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear all, I purchased a chinese xbox 360 controller receiver a while ago. It was working fine and all, had no issues with the driver. However, until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alkylon, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:12 AM.

1. Alkylon Win User

Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

Dear all,

I purchased a chinese xbox 360 controller receiver a while ago. It was working fine and all, had no issues with the driver. However, until a few days ago, my windows got corrupted due to a bios update. So naturally, I reinstalled windows on my pc.

However this time, the drivers will not install

I click update drivers and select the receiver option from the list of drivers. It says successfully installed, but nothing happens and it still reports as if the driver hasn't been installed. The controller won't also connect.

Ps. Developer mode is on

:)

2. Mark Ole Win User

Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

3. nttura1 Win User
    Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi.

After Windows 10 latest updates , my xbox receiver cannot find my xbox 360 controller.

How can i fix that ?

Not : I tried the things listed below ;

*Unplugged, change the usb ports,

*Uninstall driver and install again

*Uninstall driver and choose another type of device driver ( Charge and Play kit, Xbox Receiver, Xbox Controller from the device manager)

*Try another xbox 360 wireless controller

4. Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:19 AM
Thema:

Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

1. Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 receiver

2. Xbox 360 Driver doesn't install correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Driver doesn't install correctly: Hello, I'm trying to use a gamepad Logitech F710 with my Windows System Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, this gamepad has already worked on windows 10 and windows 7. Normally I just have to manually install the Xbox 360 drivers and the gamepad should work, this worked before....
  3. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working: After i formatted my pc, my xbox 360 wireless receiver keeps being listed as an unknown device, after i manually selected the drivers. It was working fine before. I also reinstalled winodws twice, to make sure that the installation was corrupt. I tested it on my laptop and it...
  4. windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver.

windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver.: hello. i had windows 10 1909 version and my microsoft receiver and controller worked perfectly.when i made the 2004 update suddenly my receiver driver shows uknown device.i cant play with my xbox 360 wireless controller.do you plan to fix this? can you release a new Xbox...
  5. Xbox 360 driver problems

Xbox 360 driver problems: Hello, I have a wireless xbox 360 controller receiver that was working fine updating drivers manually via the device manager. I've format my computer and now is not working. After I update drivers, the device shows as unknown without the yellow mark and it shows it...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...: So I have an Xbox 360 receiver I have been using for years. I haven't used it in a while, but I decided I wanted to use it again. I connected the device, it showed up as unknown device, from here I followed the normal steps of installing the driver from device manager....
  7. Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work: Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I couldn't find a solution for my problem on the internet. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 embedded last week and was in the process to reinstall software and games. I'm not a big gamer these days so that's why I liked to play...
  8. xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...: i had windows 7 and i was using normally my wireless controller, everything was fine... so some time ago i changed to windows 10 but for some reason isnt working nothing anymore, i tried installing the driver from the CD, from the website and even deleting every paste of it...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless receiver is not recognized by PC

Xbox 360 wireless receiver is not recognized by PC: I’ve bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver from Amazon but cannot connect it to my laptop because the receiver is not detected. It doesn’t show up in the Device manager. I tried to reinstall the software, update Windows with no avail...
  10. XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver

XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver: I've reserached for hours and I can't find any info that works. To start, my device manager DOES recognise the receiver and I've tried all drivers. If I press the sync button on both the controller and receiver they will "recognise" each other but won't connect. I was...