Windows 10: Xbox 360 Wired Headset speaker not working properly after version 2004

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wired Headset speaker not working properly after version 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I installed the 2004 update at the beginning of the month, April 4th to be precise. I had not used my wired 360 headset until a few hours ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David LC291, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Xbox 360 Wired Headset speaker not working properly after version 2004

Hello! I installed the 2004 update at the beginning of the month, April 4th to be precise. I had not used my wired 360 headset until a few hours ago, when I noticed the issue. To summarize:

• Both the Wired Controller and the Headset are original Xbox products.
    • The speaker faintly produces the intended audio. It's mostly static/interference sounds.
    • The microphone works just fine.
    • Windows does recognize the Xbox 360 Controller as such in Device Manager. The controller itself works normally during gameplay.
    • Windows does recognize that the speaker is the actual output being used, checked under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers did nothing. Drivers are up to date.

I've seen some workarounds for Wireless controllers, but not for Wired. I'd like to be guided by someone knowledgeable on the matter and not some random video online. Or, at the very least, draw attention to this issue and hope it gets noticed. I have yet to install the 20H2 update, but looking at the Known Issues and Notifications page, it doesn't appear to be even considered.

Thank you for your time! Any help is appreciated!

:)

David LC291, Apr 17, 2021

2. xbox 360 wired headset work with windows for headset?

Topic says it all.

Will the xbox 360 wired head set work on the pc to play tf2 or any other multiplayer fps?

Some one said that the wired controller with the headset worked but can someone confirm this?

freaksavior, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Hi,

The drivers for Xbox 360 Controllers are automatically installed on Windows 10. If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.

We also suggest that you install all the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Xbox 360 Wired Headset speaker not working properly after version 2004

BugMeister, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Xbox 360 Wired Headset speaker not working properly after version 2004

1. Xbox 360 Wired Headset speaker not working properly after version 2004 - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 Wired

2. xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc: I just got my original xbox 360 packaging out of storage and I realized I never took my wired headset out of the packaging, I was excited to use it on my pc and I connected it to a wired xbox one controller with a 2.5 to 3.5 converter and people told me I sounded like I was...
  3. xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc: I just got my original xbox 360 packaging out of storage and I realized I never took my wired headset out of the packaging, I was excited to use it on my pc and I connected it to a wired xbox one controller with a 2.5 to 3.5 converter and people told me I sounded like I was...
  4. xbox 360 wired headset randomly not working on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. xbox 360 wired controller

xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  6. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  7. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update: Good morning, Last night I shutdown my Windows 10 PC and carried out the most recent update. This morning I am no longer able to use my wired controller. I checked the drivers and normally I have Xbox 360 peripheral drivers installed. I followed the usual process to...
  9. Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10

Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10: Hello people. The issue: on my PC there is windows 10 pro, I use my xbox 360 controller to play games. The driver version is 10.0.18362.1 On my laptop there is windows 10 pro too, I've plugged in my xbox 360 wired controller, but computer recognizes it as audio device!...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...