Windows 10: Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting

Discus and support Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am trying to use a Xbox 360 Wired USB controller, I plug it in, the PC recognizes that and gives that little tone, but I get no notification of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flyer231, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Flyer231 Win User

Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting

So I am trying to use a Xbox 360 Wired USB controller, I plug it in, the PC recognizes that and gives that little tone, but I get no notification of the drivers being installed. According to Microsoft it is supposed to happen automatically with windows 10. The controller itself says its connected because the top left green light is on and not flashing. When I try to use the remote in a game or in the Xbox app nothing works and it is not recognized. I also checked USB devices and nothing is listed, but it might just be because remotes don't show in there. Is there anything I can do to get the thing to actually work on the PC or is this a lost cause.

:)

Flyer231, Jul 22, 2019

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Hi,

The drivers for Xbox 360 Controllers are automatically installed on Windows 10. If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.

We also suggest that you install all the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

4. Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting

Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Thank you for your response. We would like to verify if you have tried to plug the controller into a different USB port on your computer.

The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows needs a powered USB port. If the controller is not working correctly, try changing it to a different USB port. Avoid using USB hubs or the front ports on a PC. Unpowered hubs or ports might not provide enough power
    to the controller. For best results, plug the controller into another USB port on the back of the computer.

Typically, the ports on the back of a computer are powered ports. Ports on the front of the computer may not be powered ports. An external USB hub doesn’t provide powered ports if it doesn’t have its own separate power supply or AC adapter.

Since the issue started after an update, you can uninstall Windows Updates from your computer by following the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Go to Update & security.
    • Under the Check for updates button, click Update History.
    • Select Uninstall updates.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

This process will only allow you to remove updates that Windows has installed since installing the previous build.

Make sure that your controller is calibrated by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Thema:

Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting

1. Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 wired

2. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  3. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  4. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller: Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the existence of the controller. If I open Steam, the app instantly recognizes that the controller is xbox 360 controller.However, the...
  6. Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller: Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the existence of the controller. If I open Steam, the app instantly recognizes that the controller is xbox 360 controller.However, the...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10

Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10: Hello people. The issue: on my PC there is windows 10 pro, I use my xbox 360 controller to play games. The driver version is 10.0.18362.1 On my laptop there is windows 10 pro too, I've plugged in my xbox 360 wired controller, but computer recognizes it as audio device!...
  8. Xbox 360 Controller is not connecting

Xbox 360 Controller is not connecting: I am trying to hook up an xbox 360 controller, but it is not connecting to any of the games. It just flashes all four rings forever. I am also using this controller as a wired controller. Also, the weirdest part is that the driver is installed but it's not connecting to any...
  9. Driver for USB XBOX 360 Controller (wired) is wanted

Driver for USB XBOX 360 Controller (wired) is wanted: Hello. When I connect my USB XBOX360 controller I get this error: Windows cannot start this hardware device because the device configuration information (in the registry) is defective or corrupted. (Code 19). If I try to update the driver I got the message, that the best...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 controller not connecting

2. connecting wired xbox 360 to windows 10

3. xbox usb controller not working with xbox

4. 360 controller device managerintel family enhanced usb controller ,
  5. wired controller not working,
  6. usb xbox 360 controller not working,
  7. xbox 360 wired controller not workinh