Windows 10: Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter was working perfectly until this week. Every once in a while the device would show up as new and unknown, and I would just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tigerbuc130, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated

My Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter was working perfectly until this week. Every once in a while the device would show up as new and unknown, and I would just go into Device Manager and update the driver manually and it would begin working again. Today when I tried to update the driver, however, something different happened. I select the correct driver and click install, and the driver wizard tells me that Windows has successfully updated my driver. But then when I close the wizard, the adapter still shows up as "Unknown Device" and I can't connect my controller to it. In the device properties, it shows the following event.

Device USB\VID_045E&PID_0291\6&3b5a67aa&0&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_046D&PID_C534\6&3b5a67aa&0&1

Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

Location Path: PCIROOT0#PCI0801#PCI0003#USBROOT0#USB1

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0023

Present: false

I have no Windows Updates to install and have tried this with both the newest version of the driver I could find online and the version that worked for me just last week.

:)

tigerbuc130, Jun 26, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

XBox 360 Wireless Adapter Not Found in Device Manager - Windows 10

Hi,

As you said the device is not listed as either a wireless adapter or an unknown device in the
    Device Manager.

I suggest you to contact Xbox 360 hardware manufacture, the problem is with the hardware issue.

Also, you can post your query in Xbox forums.

Refer the link: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/default.aspx

I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    wireless xbox 360 controller adapter for windows

Hi MI kid05,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues connecting your Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter to Windows 10 computer. We will certainly help you with this issue.

Usually, we see the “Unknown Device” if the drivers are not installed correctly by Windows on plug and play devices.

You may want to check connecting the adapter to a different port and check.

Also, make sure that your Windows is up to date with the latest updates.

Meanwhile, we can try and install the drivers manually and check.

Method 1: Uninstall and re-install drivers manually.

1. Go to Search and type Device Manager and open Device Manager.
    2. Right click on “Unknown Device” and click on
      Properties.
    3. In the Driver tab click on Update Driver
    4. Click on the option that says “Browse my computer for driver software”.
    5. Select the option “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    6. Check the list for Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version:….”
    7. Click on “Yes” if you get the prompt.

If the issue persists, please try the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot
    the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Reference:

Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

If you still face issues, please reply to this post and we will assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated

Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated

1. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 Wireless

2. Xbox 360 wireless adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter on windows 10: I am trying to use my xbox 360 wireless networking adapter on my windows 10 pc, but it says no drivers found please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-adapter-on-windows-10/2ed199bd-d3ce-491d-bf43-43dd7d970d13
  3. Xbox 360 wireless adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter on windows 10: I am trying to use my xbox 360 wireless networking adapter on my windows 10 pc, but it says no drivers found please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-adapter-on-windows-10/2ed199bd-d3ce-491d-bf43-43dd7d970d13
  4. Xbox 360 wireless adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated": Hoping to get some help with this. Have a previous post on this but have made progress. I have an Xbox wireless adapter that keeps disconnecting from my controller literally 3 ft away and it seems to be a migration thing? I can't seem to fix "device not migrated due to...
  6. xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers: So this question has been asked to death I know but the issue I'm having is when looking for drivers on my computer I'm only presented with 3 options for 360 accessories: driver for controller, for play n charge and for wireless adapter. The most current 2015 driver is...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: Discovered a little while ago that my wireless xbox 360 controller + headset has crackling / potato quality audio. Microphone works fine as does the controller. It did not used to be like this. After some investigation it appears update 2004 broke something. Anyway to fix?...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: Hello, I am having issues with the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter to PC. It does not make a sound when plugged in, it does not show up on the device manger nor does it's LED light up. I have installed the drivers from this website...
  9. Xbox 360 controller wireless adapter issue

Xbox 360 controller wireless adapter issue: I was using the off-brand wireless adapter to use my 360 controllers for videogames. All of a sudden it stopped working. The adapter lights up when I plug it in, and device manager refreshes, but I don't get any 360 controller device or an unknown device to try and find...
  10. wireless xbox 360 controller adapter for windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless xbox 360 controller adapter for windows: i just got an xbox 360 controller adapter for my computer an it worked when i used it at my friends house but now it wont pair at mine the second the xbox controller pairs the light goes out on the adapter and it also doesnt nrealise the adapter is an adapter because now it...