Windows 10: xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

Discus and support xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kc_200, Jul 12, 2019.

1. kc_200 Win User

xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

Hello,

I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller.

It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run from Xbox app (I've tried Guacamele 2, Gears of War 4, Timespinner).

I've no idea if that is result of steam changes (it has over taken controller) or anything else.

Maybe these games needs Xbox one controller ?

When I run joy.cpl all looks great, however downloaded app "Game Controller Tester" couldn't find mine controller.

Any ideas what to do, what to check ?

Thanks

:)

kc_200, Jul 12, 2019

2. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 12, 2019
  4. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

XBOX 360 wireless controller and wireless gaming receiver.

Hi,

Issues with connecting your Xbox 360 Controller to your Windows 10 PC may occur if the drivers are not successfully installed. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• What is exactly happening when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Have you tried connecting the controller using a USB cable to the PC?

In the meantime, you may visit
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    for the step by step instructions.

Loraine Mon, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

1. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started... - Similar Threads - xbox 360 wireless

2. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  3. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  4. Xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless controller: Does anyone know where i could find the wireless receiver for windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-controller/7abfa4b1-3fa6-47ef-92bd-52ac0ef42edc
  5. xbox 360 wireless controller recoiever not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wireless controller recoiever not working: hello so i have a ps3/xbox 360 wireless controller and when i plug in the reciever it says usb not recognized or something like that can i please get help?...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers: I am still not able to get my windows 10 pc to recognize my Xbox 360 wireless controller, and it's receiver. It broke when I installed update 2004. Is this going to remain a problem or is there going to be a fix for these to work again? I have tried multiple things to get...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working: After i formatted my pc, my xbox 360 wireless receiver keeps being listed as an unknown device, after i manually selected the drivers. It was working fine before. I also reinstalled winodws twice, to make sure that the installation was corrupt. I tested it on my laptop and it...
  8. Does the Xbox Controller Wireless Adapter for Windows work for 360 Controllers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Xbox Controller Wireless Adapter for Windows work for 360 Controllers?: I gave my 360 to my daughter when I upgraded to a One; now I have a spare wireless 360 controller. If buy the wireless adapter for Windows, will it work for this controller, or will it only work for XBOne devices?...
  9. xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...: i had windows 7 and i was using normally my wireless controller, everything was fine... so some time ago i changed to windows 10 but for some reason isnt working nothing anymore, i tried installing the driver from the CD, from the website and even deleting every paste of it...
  10. Xbox 360 controller works in everything but Killer Instinct for PC (not steam)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller works in everything but Killer Instinct for PC (not steam): My Xbox 360 controller works in everything but Killer Instinct for PC (not steam). Is there a fix available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-works-in-everything-but-killer/f22b7d1e-023b-45c6-b0e8-1d551d3f5514