Windows 10: Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

Discus and support Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nikhil Alapati, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried the reciever on a different computer and it worked fine, but after I updated that different computer to the latest version of windows same version as my main pc it doesn't work again so it seems to be a windows problem so I'm not sure what to do I've tried uninstalling the drivers restarting, uninstalling software related to it but nothing worked.

More diagnostic info:in the "unknown device" properties tab it says "No drivers are installed for this device." with "8/3/2020 9:03:44 AM" in the event tab

:)

Nikhil Alapati, Aug 4, 2020
  2. RobBgn Win User

Wireless XBox 360 kit doesn't work anymore since Update 2004

Hello there Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update :)

Since the 2004 Windows 10 Update, my Wireless XBox 360 receiver doesn't work anymore. It's impossible to install a new driver on it.

Can Someone gave me a solution ??

thx !

RobBgn, Aug 4, 2020
  3. hammondb4 Win User
    Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004

It's true, the drivers don't work now after 2004 update.

I had a working wireless 360 receiver perfectly, and now, after the update, it shows as "unknown device".

Also, after trying to manually install the drivers, it shows a "?" symbol and says "no driver installed".

So, please MS, resolve this, now I can't use my controllers....

Edit 1: Downloading xbox 360 drivers, and modifiying them to accept the pid of my reciver (using testsigning on) as suggested could make the controller work, but is not recognized as xbox controller in games like forza motorsport.

We need that the driver that comes with windows 10 (which is updated comparing to the old one in the xbox 1.2 driver package) work again to use the controller again.

Is it possible to get the driver that comes with Windows to modify the inf and ajust to our receivers?

hammondb4, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.

After ugrading yesterday morning from the latest Windows 10 Pro "1909" Cumulative Update to the now "2004" update, I went to my Device Manager and realized my XBox 360 USB wireless receiver was not operating. Microsoft driver won't install.

I have numerous Laptops and Desktops in my home here and a few have not had the "2004" update offered to install and are still running the "1909" update.

I went to a couple of these laptops running in "1909" and both had no problem in installation of drivers for my XBox 360 receiver.

Please Microsoft team, create new drivers for this ASAP. I'm "Jones 'n" here not able to utilize my wireless controller.

Sincerely

BrentWestmoreland, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

1. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 wireless

2. Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows not working anymore.: I have an Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver and a Controller aswell. Had no issues until I had to unplug it from my PC because of apartment renovations. After everything is done I put my PC back together to find out my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows not working...
  3. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004: Hello! So today I looked through the cabinets and found my Xbox 360 controller and the wireless receiver from there. Ofcourse I tried to connect it to my PC, but here is the problem: I downloaded the drivers (accidentally twice) as WinRAR, extracted them and countiuned to...
  4. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004

Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004: My original receiver broke and I had to buy a replacement. I've tried countless times to make it work, drivers install nicely using workaround but my controller still can't connect. Is it faulty receiver or am I doing something wrong? submitted by /u/Mordek112 [link]...
  5. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004: I bought this 3rd party wireless receiver in January of this year and it worked just fine* after going into the device manager and finding the drivers and manually choosing the correct driver like in this video. I'll admit that I haven't used it in a while so there's a...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working: After i formatted my pc, my xbox 360 wireless receiver keeps being listed as an unknown device, after i manually selected the drivers. It was working fine before. I also reinstalled winodws twice, to make sure that the installation was corrupt. I tested it on my laptop and it...
  7. XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox 360 Periferals won't install drivers for wireless receiver after Windows 10 "2004" update.: After ugrading yesterday morning from the latest Windows 10 Pro "1909" Cumulative Update to the now "2004" update, I went to my Device Manager and realized my XBox 360 USB wireless receiver was not operating. Microsoft driver won't install. I have numerous Laptops and...
  8. Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004: After updating to version 2004 my receiver stopped working... is anyone else having the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-receiver-for-xbox-360-stopped-working/d7d6d74a-0837-416d-9dfe-d2eabbc2fac1
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004: Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the...
  10. Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work: Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I couldn't find a solution for my problem on the internet. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 embedded last week and was in the process to reinstall software and games. I'm not a big gamer these days so that's why I liked to play...