Windows 10: Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

Discus and support Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox 360 receiver I have been using for years. I haven't used it in a while, but I decided I wanted to use it again. I connected the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by foleyboyo, Apr 30, 2020.

1. foleyboyo Win User

Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

So I have an Xbox 360 receiver I have been using for years.

I haven't used it in a while, but I decided I wanted to use it again.

I connected the device, it showed up as unknown device, from here I followed the normal steps of installing the driver from device manager.

However, i get told the driver has been installed, but when i look at the device there is no driver information and nothing has actually been installed. I have tried using every driver but with the same result.

I have clicked the uninstalled device, and then reconnected the device. There is a yellow warning sign next to the device when I reconnect it after an uninstall, and when I try to install the drive this warning goes away however this is the only change that happens.

I know the device works as I was able to install the driver when I use it on my laptop and everything works grand. I have already tried to reinstall the Xbox360_64Eng also.

I have also tried using multiple different ports also

Please help

:)

foleyboyo, Apr 30, 2020
  2. nttura1 Win User

Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi.

After Windows 10 latest updates , my xbox receiver cannot find my xbox 360 controller.

How can i fix that ?

Not : I tried the things listed below ;

*Unplugged, change the usb ports,

*Uninstall driver and install again

*Uninstall driver and choose another type of device driver ( Charge and Play kit, Xbox Receiver, Xbox Controller from the device manager)

*Try another xbox 360 wireless controller

nttura1, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

installing drivers for xbox 360 wireless controller reciever

Hi guys!

I'd like to install drivers for my xbox 360 wireless controller reciever. I have seen tutorials on youtube showing how to do this from the device manager. However, when I go to manually install the driver from a list of available drivers on my machine,
    there is no option for 'xbox 360 peripherals'. Have these drivers been removed in a windows update? Is it no longer supported by windows 10? There are no downloads available for windows 10 from microsoft, but maybe somebody knows where else I can download
    the necessary drivers....

Thank you all

Leith

LeithZnaimer, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

1. Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver... - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 wireless

2. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver: The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360 controller for windows which is wrong driverto Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on Windows 11 installs wrong Driver: The Xbox 360 receiver when plugged on my win 11 machine keeps installing the wrong drivers even i manually selected the driver from Xbox 360 controller for windows which is wrong driverto Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for windows it keeps reverting back to the wrong driver...
  4. Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver: quisiera saber si hay alguna forma de hacer aparecer el icono del receptor de xbox 360, yo recuerdo que en windows 7, 8, 8.1 aparecía, o si es normal que lo sacaran....
  5. xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers: So this question has been asked to death I know but the issue I'm having is when looking for drivers on my computer I'm only presented with 3 options for 360 accessories: driver for controller, for play n charge and for wireless adapter. The most current 2015 driver is...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever driver issue: Hey Guys. Bought one of these recently, unbeknownst to me the minefield of fuckery involved.I believe Windows are trying to terminate Receivers, as to encourage Xbox One accessories. The Receiver was purchased from CeX (Tech Refurb chain store) and they probably screwed with...
  7. Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 receiver driver not installing from device manager: Dear all, I purchased a chinese xbox 360 controller receiver a while ago. It was working fine and all, had no issues with the driver. However, until a few days ago, my windows got corrupted due to a bios update. So naturally, I reinstalled windows on my pc. However this...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working: After i formatted my pc, my xbox 360 wireless receiver keeps being listed as an unknown device, after i manually selected the drivers. It was working fine before. I also reinstalled winodws twice, to make sure that the installation was corrupt. I tested it on my laptop and it...
  9. Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work: Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I couldn't find a solution for my problem on the internet. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 embedded last week and was in the process to reinstall software and games. I'm not a big gamer these days so that's why I liked to play...
  10. installing drivers for xbox 360 wireless controller reciever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing drivers for xbox 360 wireless controller reciever: Hi guys! I'd like to install drivers for my xbox 360 wireless controller reciever. I have seen tutorials on youtube showing how to do this from the device manager. However, when I go to manually install the driver from a list of available drivers on my machine, there is no...