Windows 10: Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! So today I looked through the cabinets and found my Xbox 360 controller and the wireless receiver from there. Ofcourse I tried to connect it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akidamn, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

Hello! So today I looked through the cabinets and found my Xbox 360 controller and the wireless receiver from there. Ofcourse I tried to connect it to my PC, but here is the problem:

I downloaded the drivers (accidentally twice) as WinRAR, extracted them and countiuned to setup. I tried to run it as an administrator, but it keeps saying me this: https://gyazo.com/228485c5d14f9fd507b73d2edd8076e7

(also deleted all stuff related to drivers, downloaded it once again and it still keeps saying that)

What should I do with this? Thank you!

submitted by /u/akidamn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akidamn, Oct 24, 2020

2. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 24, 2020
  3. STELIOSbond, Oct 24, 2020
  4. hammondb4 Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004

It's true, the drivers don't work now after 2004 update.

I had a working wireless 360 receiver perfectly, and now, after the update, it shows as "unknown device".

Also, after trying to manually install the drivers, it shows a "?" symbol and says "no driver installed".

So, please MS, resolve this, now I can't use my controllers....

Edit 1: Downloading xbox 360 drivers, and modifiying them to accept the pid of my reciver (using testsigning on) as suggested could make the controller work, but is not recognized as xbox controller in games like forza motorsport.

We need that the driver that comes with windows 10 (which is updated comparing to the old one in the xbox 1.2 driver package) work again to use the controller again.

Is it possible to get the driver that comes with Windows to modify the inf and ajust to our receivers?

hammondb4, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

1. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004 - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 Wireless

2. Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver: quisiera saber si hay alguna forma de hacer aparecer el icono del receptor de xbox 360, yo recuerdo que en windows 7, 8, 8.1 aparecía, o si es normal que lo sacaran....
  3. Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver: quisiera saber si hay alguna forma de hacer aparecer el icono del receptor de xbox 360, yo recuerdo que en windows 7, 8, 8.1 aparecía, o si es normal que lo sacaran....
  4. Icono Xbox 360 wireless receiver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004: My original receiver broke and I had to buy a replacement. I've tried countless times to make it work, drivers install nicely using workaround but my controller still can't connect. Is it faulty receiver or am I doing something wrong? submitted by /u/Mordek112 [link]...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update: My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004: I bought this 3rd party wireless receiver in January of this year and it worked just fine* after going into the device manager and finding the drivers and manually choosing the correct driver like in this video. I'll admit that I haven't used it in a while so there's a...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working: After i formatted my pc, my xbox 360 wireless receiver keeps being listed as an unknown device, after i manually selected the drivers. It was working fine before. I also reinstalled winodws twice, to make sure that the installation was corrupt. I tested it on my laptop and it...
  9. Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004: After updating to version 2004 my receiver stopped working... is anyone else having the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-receiver-for-xbox-360-stopped-working/d7d6d74a-0837-416d-9dfe-d2eabbc2fac1
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004: Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the...