Windows 10: Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure'

Discus and support Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10, latest and I'm trying to update the firmware of an Xbox controller using the Xbox accessories app. When I click on Update or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielKhan2, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure'

I am on Windows 10, latest and I'm trying to update the firmware of an Xbox controller using the Xbox accessories app.

When I click on Update or Configure, the application crashes.

The event log shows this error which should be related:

Faulting application name: Devices.App.exe, version: 3.0.2011.9001, time stamp: 0x5fa9eb24

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process ID: 0x2304

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6cf47fe170f5a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxDevices_300.2011.9001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Devices.App.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 4e6a0481-2b31-4ef5-ac1f-1bd4e184d050

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.XboxDevices_300.2011.9001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I've tried

• different USB cables and ports
    • two different controllers
    • uninstalling and reinstalling the device driver
    • uninstalling and reinstalling the app
    • rebooting, etc.

I'd appreciate any help.

:)

DanielKhan2, Dec 10, 2020

2. Elite controller is not recognized by Xbox accessories app

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues with connecting your Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10. It is possible that the current Windows Update version installed on your computer is incompatible with the latest driver update of the controller.
    To resolve your concern, we recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates by following the steps on this

link

We also recommend that you update the controller using the Xbox Accessories App by following the steps on this

link
    . If the issue persists, visit
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    and perform the suggested solutions to resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Customize Xbox Elite controller functions with Xbox Accessories app

Read more: Customize your Xbox Elite controller functions with Xbox Accessories app

Brink, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure'

Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app.

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Xbox accessories app
    not to work properly.We would suggest that you manually uninstall then
    reinstall your Xbox accessories app.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure'

1. Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure' - Similar Threads - Xbox Accessories App

2. Tabs missing in Xbox Accessories App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabs missing in Xbox Accessories App: Hello,I'm using a Xbox wireless controller that is connected to my Windows 11 machine using a genuine Xbox wireless adapter.Now I want to change the sensitivity curve of the analog sticks. So I downloaded the newest version of the Xbox Accessories App using the Microsoft...
  3. Xbox Accessories App won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Accessories App won't start: The light on my Xbox Elite Servies 2 turned bluish-green. I wanted to update the firmware. The Win10 XBox Accessories App will not start. It'll launch for a few seconds, then disappear. The app won't update. Windows has been updated.Any ideas?...
  4. Why can't I configure my Xbox wireless headset on the Xbox accessories app?

Why can't I configure my Xbox wireless headset on the Xbox accessories app?: The Xbox Accessories app does detect my headset, I can use it with my wireless adapter, and it works perfectly fine, but I wanna configure and customize the settings. When I click configure, it won't do anything and at the bottom, it says I need to update my windows to the...
  5. Unable to login to Xbox accessories and Xbox app

Unable to login to Xbox accessories and Xbox app: I'm unable loginto Xbox app and Xbox accessories app. On the Xbox accessories app I get error code 0x800701F4.It also tells me to install Xbox identity provider and Xbox app which were bothinstalled already. The login screen on the Xbox app is flashing few times when I'm...
  6. Cannot configure Elite Controller with Xbox Accessories

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot configure Elite Controller with Xbox Accessories: I am getting an error that says the following: Something went wrong To configure this device, you need to have the Xbox Identity Provider installed and be signed in to your Xbox account. Check that your PC is connected to the internet, and try installing the Xbox...
  7. Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware: Just got the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and when attempting to update the firmware for it through the Xbox Accessories application, it crashes when I hit "continue" on the "Before we start..." screen. Event shower shows this: Faulting application name: Devices.App.exe,...
  8. Xbox Accessories App will not launch.

Xbox Accessories App will not launch.: I purchased an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and for whatever reason I can not get the Xbox Accessories App to open up. It always just starts to open and then shuts down immediately. I wouldn't care except the controller is not playable until can access the software. I tried...
  9. Cannot configure Xbox Elite 2 controller with Xbox Accessories

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot configure Xbox Elite 2 controller with Xbox Accessories: I have been trying to configure my Xbox Elite 2 controller on a new Alienware Aurora 8 computer for hours. Computer running Windows 10 Pro. All drivers are up to date. I have installed and uninstalled the app twice, no change. Controller is connected to usb port. I am...
  10. Xbox accessories app keeps crashing,

Xbox accessories app keeps crashing,: I bought the elite xbox controller today and wanted to download this app, but after opening it and navigating towards update the controller, it crashes on 0%, what to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps on xbox one keep crashing when updating