Windows 10: Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

Discus and support Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and when attempting to update the firmware for it through the Xbox Accessories application, it crashes when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by COmputerwiz1992, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

Just got the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and when attempting to update the firmware for it through the Xbox Accessories application, it crashes when I hit "continue" on the "Before we start..." screen.

Event shower shows this:

Faulting application name: Devices.App.exe, version: 3.0.2011.9001, time stamp: 0x5fa9eb24

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1098, time stamp: 0x5b0689cd

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a5e12

Faulting process id: 0x610c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6db09ac73a3cc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxDevices_300.2011.9001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Devices.App.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: 9e721c76-9be9-4041-ac09-c64f57dc6641

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.XboxDevices_300.2011.9001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

An additional entry that appears afterwards shows this:

Fault bucket 1970765071787160206, type 5

Event Name: MoAppCrash

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Microsoft.XboxDevices_300.2011.9001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

P2: praid:App

P3: 3.0.2011.9001

P4: 5fa9eb24

P5: combase.dll

P6: 10.0.17134.1345

P7: 5dda42d2

P8: 800710dd

P9: 000000000001ef60

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER455B.tmp.dmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4666.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4677.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4675.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4695.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.XboxDe_b5607e525895e23c49f513592e410c1455ec8c_d5752c48_5a8a4888

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: b2d2e67d-3b4f-4e8b-bae0-c758fcfd50e5

Report Status: 268435456

Hashed bucket: 110498dd6d3690c68b599064279ef28e

Cab Guid: 0

I have attempted to reinstall the Xbox Accessories application with no positive results.

Please assist as I cannot customize the controller configuration before updating the firmware.

:)

COmputerwiz1992, Dec 25, 2020

2. Xbox One Wireless Controller (Charge and Play) Stuck in DFU Mode/Bricked by Interrupted Firmaware Update through the Xbox Accessories App

Hi DeathMetalMarine,

Staying connected is very crucial on a device when doing a firmware update. On Xbox One controller's case, the firmware must be recovered to regain it's function in case of a failure during the update. To recover the firmware, please refer to the steps below:

On an Xbox One console:

1. On the console, navigate to Devices and Accessories.
    2. Find the controller. It should say Update Required if it is the correct controller.
    3. Re-run the firmware update.

On a Windows 10 PC:

1. Install the Xbox Accessories app from the Windows Store.
    2. Once the application is installed, plug in the Xbox One controller. It should turn on and say
      Update Required if your controller is visible to the PC and Xbox Accessories.
    3. Click Update Required and allow the firmware to reinstall.

Should the issue perists, consider using a different USB cable and make sure that it is firmly connected. Letting it sit idly for 5 minutes while connected has also helped some users who experienced the same issue.

If you have other concerns, let me know by posting back. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Elite controller is not recognized by Xbox accessories app

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues with connecting your Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10. It is possible that the current Windows Update version installed on your computer is incompatible with the latest driver update of the controller.
    To resolve your concern, we recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates by following the steps on this

link

We also recommend that you update the controller using the Xbox Accessories App by following the steps on this

link
    . If the issue persists, visit
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    and perform the suggested solutions to resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

1. Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware - Similar Threads - Xbox Accessories Application

2. Xbox accessories won't install + controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox accessories won't install + controller not working: I bought an xbox PDP wires controller for W10 and W11. It keeps disconnecting, so I am trying to download the xbox accessories app but it won't. I tried manually resetting the windows store cache but it doesn't work. I also tried downloading the PDP controller app instead,...
  3. Xbox accessories won't install + controller not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox accessories won't install + controller not working: I bought an xbox PDP wires controller for W10 and W11. It keeps disconnecting, so I am trying to download the xbox accessories app but it won't. I tried manually resetting the windows store cache but it doesn't work. I also tried downloading the PDP controller app instead,...
  4. Surface Accessory Firmware Update and Windows Update errors

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Accessory Firmware Update and Windows Update errors: So firstly, I have a surface pro 5th gen running Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928) Every time I run Windows Update, it says "a current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we're trying to install. we'll keep trying to install." Now there's a lot of threads about...
  5. Cannot configure Elite Controller with Xbox Accessories

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot configure Elite Controller with Xbox Accessories: I am getting an error that says the following: Something went wrong To configure this device, you need to have the Xbox Identity Provider installed and be signed in to your Xbox account. Check that your PC is connected to the internet, and try installing the Xbox...
  6. Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure'

Xbox Accessories App Crashes when I click on 'Update' or 'Configure': I am on Windows 10, latest and I'm trying to update the firmware of an Xbox controller using the Xbox accessories app. When I click on Update or Configure, the application crashes. The event log shows this error which should be related: Faulting application name:...
  7. Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app: I just spent four hours trying to get my new XBOX ELITE 2 CONTROLLER to be recognized by the WINDOWS 10 XBOX ACCESSORIES APP and it refuses. The computer recognizes the controller but the XBOX ACCESSORIES APP does not. A thread from last year on the same topic was closed...
  8. xbox-accessories and third party controls?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox-accessories and third party controls?: Does xbox-accessories for windows 10 work with third-party controls? specifically this: https://www.kromgaming.com/comandos/kaiser thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-and-third-party-controls/ba571933-d1e5-44c5-bcb8-1a90fbff4398
  9. xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller: hi my xbox accessories is not recognizing my xbox one controller. I have it plugged into a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-not-recognizing-my-xbox/5fc4dde4-1717-423a-96dd-def113fa63af
  10. Xbox accessories app keeps crashing,

Xbox accessories app keeps crashing,: I bought the elite xbox controller today and wanted to download this app, but after opening it and navigating towards update the controller, it crashes on 0%, what to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox accessories update required elite