Windows 10: Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is?

Discus and support Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So when I try to do something with my Xbox account, such as changing the profile picture, or downloading a livery in Forza, parental controls prevent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Some Weeb, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Some Weeb Win User

Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is?

So when I try to do something with my Xbox account, such as changing the profile picture, or downloading a livery in Forza, parental controls prevent it, even though they were never enabled, and I don't have any other people on my Microsoft family.

:)

Some Weeb, Sep 28, 2018

2. How to change child account to adult

Hi Brookelynn,

Your Xbox Live account age will be based from the Date of Birth that you entered when you created your Xbox Live profile online. Once the account reaches the age of 18 years old, it will automatically change to adult.

If you accidentally set up an incorrect Date of Birth on the account, you have to wait for the account to become an adult or create a new account with the correct Date of Birth. However, if your account shows the correct Date of Birth and the system recognizes
    it as child account, you can promote the child account to adult by adding a payment instrument and a billing information to your Microsoft Account. You can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to add a payment instrument to your account.

You may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is?

switching a child account to an adult account

Hi, when i created my xbox live account my friend ended up putting that my account was a child account. On Microsoft it says tht my account is an adult but when i go onto my xbox and attempt to do something only an adult account can do, it says that im
    not old enough. For example, i tried using a custom picture as my gamer pic but it states that custom images are only available to adult accounts. How do i get it, to where it knows that my microsoft account is an adult?

ZacharyBeyers, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is?

1. Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is? - Similar Threads - Xbox account adult

2. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  5. Converting child account to adult account

Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  6. Adult account displays as child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adult account displays as child account: Hi. I'd like to ask someone for help with Windows 10 and a new account creation.I need to add two accounts - for my wife and for my daughter. Daughter's account is set as a child account, and that's correct.But when I try to add another account for my wife, she is also added...
  7. Adult account displays as child account

Adult account displays as child account: Hi. I'd like to ask someone for help with Windows 10 and a new account creation.I need to add two accounts - for my wife and for my daughter. Daughter's account is set as a child account, and that's correct.But when I try to add another account for my wife, she is also added...
  8. Change adult account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change adult account to child account: Change adult account to child account I am new to Microsoft. I bought my son an Xbox One console in 2014, in the setup process, I was asked to set up a Microsoft account with parental support, so I set up my hotmail account and created an outlook email account for him. com...
  9. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  10. Microsoft adult to child account fix?

Microsoft adult to child account fix?: Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account. Has this been fixed YET? The issue is that I don't want to cancel the adult account straight out or we'll lose all of the games, which, I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox account child to adult

2. xbox account not an adult

3. microsoft account parental settings

4. parental control xbox win 10,
  5. when does a microsoft child account become an adult account