Windows 10: Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

Discus and support Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Chris Baarstad, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME account, which I am logged into in the browser and HERE right NOW, doesn't exist? God this process is confusing...I quite literally have a screenshot of me being signed in on the browser in the same window as the Xbox Store requests my "Microsoft Account" and it says it doesn't exist... Thoughts? Suggestions? I mean, I ha

:)

Chris Baarstad, Aug 6, 2022

2. Transferring my xbox live account to a different microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to transfer your xbox live account to a different microsoft account. I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Move your Xbox Live profile to another Microsoft account on Xbox 360

Be able to transfer an entire Xbox Live account to a new email/Microsoft
    account

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working? :(

Zakin, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

1. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working? - Similar Threads - Xbox Account Microsoft

2. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  3. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  4. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  5. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  6. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account: My wife is Austrian; I am British. we live in France and use French, English and German every day. Whilst working in Switzerland some years ago we concluded that the Swiss French keyboard best met our needs for special characters and accents in the different languages we use....
  8. Different accounts on the same pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different accounts on the same pc: Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate...
  9. Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account: Two different computers sharing the same Microsoft account for Windows 10 have the same issue of making beeps randomly. If I change the Windows account on any of them, beepings stop. More details for the incident are provided below. I have an HP Notebook 15-AY114NS laptop...
  10. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...