Windows 10: xbox adapter for windows 10 not working

Discus and support xbox adapter for windows 10 not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; yesterday my xbox adapter for windows 10 stopped working and i have tried the following uninstalling and reinstalling drivers updateing drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by josephcunningham2, Jul 26, 2020.

1. xbox adapter for windows 10 not working

yesterday my xbox adapter for windows 10 stopped working and i have tried the following

uninstalling and reinstalling drivers

updateing drivers

updating windows

updating controllers

trying other controllers

bought the new version of the adapter and still that one dosent work

i have tested both adapters on a diffrent computer and they worked perfect

both adapters are showing up in the device manager and it says they are working properly and are up to date

they are flashing when i try to connect them and so are controllers but they will not connect to each other

please help

:)

josephcunningham2, Jul 26, 2020

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Can't install xbox wireless adapter drivers on windows 10.

Hi Louis,

I understand that some steps ae done to try to resolve this issue and that you have tried downloading the drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog. For us to help you in resolving this issue, may we ask you to do the following?

• Unplug the XBOX cable from the computer.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Plug in the XBOX cable and check if it will try to install the adapter.

If the above step won't work, I suggest you to follow the suggestions by
    Andre Da Costa
    in below article and check if it resolves the issue.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Kindly provide us update on this issue.

Carmela Ric, Jul 26, 2020
  4. xbox adapter for windows 10 not working

How to make Xbox Wireless Adapter for Win 10 work now that driver is dead.

Hi,

You can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows PC either by using a cable or wirelessly. However, to play Xbox games on your PC, your controller must be connected via micro-USB cable.

Many PC games let you play with an Xbox One Controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. The Xbox One Controller can be quickly and easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7.

Note This information applies only to the Xbox One Controller. For help with other gamepads or joysticks, or for information on configuring a specific game so that you can play it with a controller, refer to the manufacturer’s website or
    support center.

For Windows 10, the most current drivers are pre-installed with the operating system and are automatically updated through the Xbox Accessories app. See

Update your Xbox One Controller

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update network adapter driver from the device manager and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

xbox adapter for windows 10 not working

1. xbox adapter for windows 10 not working - Similar Threads - xbox adapter working

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore: Xbox wireless adapter issue where it is on and wont connect anymore even though it used to and works on other pc.I have un and re installed all drivers and followed all the steps from the other post and responses here and on xbox help. I cant reply to give the proper answer...
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore: Xbox wireless adapter issue where it is on and wont connect anymore even though it used to and works on other pc.I have un and re installed all drivers and followed all the steps from the other post and responses here and on xbox help. I cant reply to give the proper answer...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox wireless windows 10 adapter not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox wireless windows 10 adapter not working: As the title says, my adapter is not working. It has worked fine for months, and has randomly stopped working. The light doesn’t show up when I click it, and when I go into device manager, it does not show up. Is it broken, is there an update I have to do, or is it something...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working: Just got a Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 to wirelessly connect my xbox one controller to my computer, however I'm pretty sure my product arrived DOA, but I want to see if there are any other things I can do before returning the product. The adapter is being detected by...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Not Working

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Not Working: Recently I bought the newer slim variant of the Xbox Adapter and after plugging it in and following the instructions, I found that it doesn't work. Inspecting the device in Device Manager like other forums have said helped me learn that there are no drivers installed in the...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter not Working on Windows 10

Xbox Wireless Adapter not Working on Windows 10: Hello. It is time for Microsoft to answer for this issue. Stop telling us the same thing on how to fix this over and over again, knowing it doesn't work and closing the topic! YOUR Update, or YOUR adapter is not working properly anymore, and you know it. We've tried every...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue)

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue): Hey everyone, I feel like I'm going mad... This may be the last thing I post before my head explodes... Anyway, my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 stopped working after a damned Windows 10 Update happened around Christmas. It was working fine and I could connect both...
  10. Xbox Wireless adapter not working

Xbox Wireless adapter not working: Recently after windows reset my adapter stopped connecting with the LED only coming on when i hold down the button and pretending to connect to my controller. this has happened to me before and i somehow got it to work earlier but now it won't connect even after reinstalling...