Windows 10: Xbox and PS4 controller wont connect to my desktop anymore but will with my laptop

Discus and support Xbox and PS4 controller wont connect to my desktop anymore but will with my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not able to connect a controller to my Bluetooth because it doesn't show up in Bluetooth devices when I try to connect it. I get a ghost connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WalkerNichols, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Xbox and PS4 controller wont connect to my desktop anymore but will with my laptop

I'm not able to connect a controller to my Bluetooth because it doesn't show up in Bluetooth devices when I try to connect it. I get a ghost connect sometimes called Xbox wireless controller even when i'm not trying to connect the controller. This didn't used to be problem, they could connect fine in the past. Connecting via usb still works. The xbox controller firmware is up to date and idk what to do after looking on the internet for about 2 hours.

:)

WalkerNichols, Jul 10, 2020

2. PS4 controller wont work anymore

I really doubtful...are u guys seriously doing the job?!!!

I really scare of every time update, everything sure has the problem to use

And...now, my another problem appeared again after the stupid little useless update for nothing, it made my PS4 controller wont connect to my PC as a XBox sync anymore!!! Always shows the driver error!!!

Stupid dumb Microsoft, stupid <Removed> update, it wasnt neccessary...and dont make any trouble for ur user again
    <Removed>!!!

SamChong0820, Jul 10, 2020
  3. my old laptop connects to my xbox one but my new laptop wont even see the laptop

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to connect to Xbox from your new laptop.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly are you trying to connect to Xbox (wired/ wireless)?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below articles, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Update your Xbox One Controller

And,

Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Xbox and PS4 controller wont connect to my desktop anymore but will with my laptop

ps4 controler

can i connect my ps4 controler to laptop win 10

danielfraser1, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Xbox and PS4 controller wont connect to my desktop anymore but will with my laptop

1. Xbox and PS4 controller wont connect to my desktop anymore but will with my laptop - Similar Threads - Xbox PS4 controller

2. My ps4 controller wont connect as a controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ps4 controller wont connect as a controller: it connects as an audio device and i have tried disabling it from the control pannel but it still wont show up as a controller, is there a way to check if my pc does allow a controller because at this point i dont know what else i can do...
  3. My ps4 controller wont connect as a controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My ps4 controller wont connect as a controller: it connects as an audio device and i have tried disabling it from the control pannel but it still wont show up as a controller, is there a way to check if my pc does allow a controller because at this point i dont know what else i can do...
  4. My ps4 controller wont connect as a controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore: A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing happens does anyone know a fix cause I can’t play some of my pc games without my...
  6. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore: A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing happens does anyone know a fix cause I can’t play some of my pc games without my...
  7. PS4 Controller suddenly not connecting to my PC

PS4 Controller suddenly not connecting to my PC: Hello! I have a rather weird problem. A few days ago my PC suddenly didn't recognize my DualShock 4 controller anymore. I have a Win 11 PC which should be on the newest update. The controller is only used via Steam to play -> it shines in a predefined colour in my case green....
  8. My Ps4 controller wont connect to playstation after being linked to pc

My Ps4 controller wont connect to playstation after being linked to pc: I linked my Playstation controller too my PC a while back, and now that im trying to connect it too my playstation it wont let me.ive tired many things and reset my controller but still nothing. what do i do?...
  9. PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller is not recognized anymore: Hello, I have been playing games with PS4 controller on my computer for few years now, sometimes I needed a help of DS4widnows utility, but these days, Win10 just installed and worked with my controller just fine without any need of interference. Today after a month time off...
  10. Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore: I bought an Xbox One Wireless Controller a while back with my PC and it connected wirelessly just fine for the longest time, until less than a year ago it just stopped connecting. It works fine with a wired connection, but not wirelessly. I have searched everywhere and have...