Windows 10: Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

Discus and support Xbox app and Game Bar confusion in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before, when I played some MS Store game with friends who happened to be on Xbox, I used the Win10 Xbox (beta) app to voice chat with them, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EeK09, May 21, 2020.

1. /u/EeK09 Win User

Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

Before, when I played some MS Store game with friends who happened to be on Xbox, I used the Win10 Xbox (beta) app to voice chat with them, which worked rather poorly (terrible audio quality, constant crashes, etc.) - but at least it worked.

Now, I'm not sure if something changed in the past few months - I'm still on 1909, with all apps updated, just haven't played MS Store games in a while -, but I can't even create or join parties using the Xbox app.

I can chat over text, and "invite to voice", but that never seems to work. The only way I can communicate with my Xbox Live friends, now, is to use the dreadful Game Bar (which also has terrible audio quality and crashes constantly).

Is the Game Bar now required for Xbox Live communication? Is the "Social" tab in the Xbox app useless?

P.S.: My friends are also complaining of background noise (hissing) and echo (as if my mic is capturing their own voice), but this only happens with the Game Bar app. Discord is absolutely fine, and I use the exact same controller and headset. Also, even if the volume is super low (to the point where I can barely hear anything), they still hear noises and echo, so it's definitely not my mic.

submitted by /u/EeK09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EeK09, May 21, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, May 21, 2020
  3. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 21, 2020
  4. Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

1. Xbox app and Game Bar confusion - Similar Threads - Xbox app Game

2. How to repair xbox game bar app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair xbox game bar app?: Good evening,I am using for some time windows 11 and xbox game bar app worked correctly with new windows, but recently the app wasn't working correctly I used terminate, repair buttons in settings and somehow xbox game bar worked and I was able to take a screenshot. Today I...
  3. How to repair xbox game bar app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to repair xbox game bar app?: Good evening,I am using for some time windows 11 and xbox game bar app worked correctly with new windows, but recently the app wasn't working correctly I used terminate, repair buttons in settings and somehow xbox game bar worked and I was able to take a screenshot. Today I...
  4. Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.: Hi i have a big problem with xbox game bar and xbox apps.After clicking the login button, a gray square appears, then disappears and then nothing happens.I have tried already : create new acount, sfc /scannow, update and powershell....
  5. Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.

Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.: Hi i have a big problem with xbox game bar and xbox apps.After clicking the login button, a gray square appears, then disappears and then nothing happens.I have tried already : create new acount, sfc /scannow, update and powershell....
  6. Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

Can't log in to game bar or xbox app: Hi, Both the xbox app and gamebar wont let me sign in. When I click the sign in button on either app nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried the troubleshoot feature, and repair, but nothing seems to work. Not sure if it could be related but I factory...
  7. removing xbox game bar app

removing xbox game bar app: just got a new system with win10 it came preinstalled with xbox game bar on it. I have tried removing it under add remove programs and it won't let me. some of its presetup keys in windows are the same as game commands i have for other games. I don't like the app and...
  8. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0
  9. Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues: I've always had trouble with the new game bar such as it crashing when joining a party. Now, this issue is the same with the companion app. Every time I join a party, it crashes without an error code. Even if i were to start a party, it would still crash. I've done everything...
  10. Windows game bar and Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows game bar and Xbox beta app: After I reinstated the payment for game pass ultimate my game bar and app no longer let me access the sign in screen. I have tried resetting and repairing the game bar and app but nothing has worked. I use the game bar quite often and now I can't talk to my friends who play...