Windows 10: xbox app and gaming services not installing error code 0x800700B7

Discus and support xbox app and gaming services not installing error code 0x800700B7 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; last week I had to reinstall windows to fix 3 corrupted files after it was finished I copied over some files from windows.old to get some of my stuff... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Freewings21, Sep 14, 2021.

1. xbox app and gaming services not installing error code 0x800700B7

last week I had to reinstall windows to fix 3 corrupted files after it was finished I copied over some files from windows.old to get some of my stuff back.Microsoft store and get help didn't open until I reset them and gaming services and Xbox app are refusing to install and giving me the code 0x800700B7.I've tried wsreset.exe, PowerShell reset, updating windows, sfc scan I did have some corrupted files, some and some license thing. none of these work does anyone know what's happening?

:)

Freewings21, Sep 14, 2021
  2. markm75g Win User

Error 0x800700B7 when trying to install Microsoft Store apps (gaming services)

I'm trying to install MS store apps, in particular, gaming services.. it hangs and says error 0x800700B7 after just a few seconds.

I've tried various MS store reset techniques on here, but so far nothing has worked.

I'm running win 10 1909, having just done the upgrade/repair option to upgrade/check things as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

markm75g, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Rose W Win User
    XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is :
    'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700B7: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.'

I found the powershell administrative level commands to uninstall Xbox in the forum tutorials.
    (To remove Xbox app from all current accounts on PC)
    powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage"

So although I have never installed this xbox I'm interpreting that this command is to remove it from the list of items that are possible to install.
    Will this signal to Microsoft to stop downloading the gaming overlay item?
    Should this command be run as well
    'powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage"

Rose W, Sep 14, 2021
  4. xbox app and gaming services not installing error code 0x800700B7

Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox (BETA) apps

I am an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. In December, my Xbox (BETA) app stopped working to browse and install new games. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and got the above error code when reinstalling.

In searching for solutions to this to reinstall Xbox (BETA), one suggestion involved uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services from the Windows Store, and I'm getting the same error trying to reinstall this app.

I've tried a number of solutions found online (WSReset, check date/time, install updates) and nothing is working. I now cannot play any game installed from Windows Store. Can anyone help?

EllandRoad Dave, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

xbox app and gaming services not installing error code 0x800700B7

1. xbox app and gaming services not installing error code 0x800700B7 - Similar Threads - xbox app gaming

2. Xbox App/Gaming services won't install or function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App/Gaming services won't install or function: I've been trying to get Gaming Services to function for days. Nothing changed in any of my settings to my knowledge but it stopped working. Xbox App tells me Gaming services needs to be installed to play a game. It attempts to install but does nothing. My App list says that...
  3. Xbox App/Gaming services won't install or function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App/Gaming services won't install or function: I've been trying to get Gaming Services to function for days. Nothing changed in any of my settings to my knowledge but it stopped working. Xbox App tells me Gaming services needs to be installed to play a game. It attempts to install but does nothing. My App list says that...
  4. can not install game services error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not install game services error code: pls help me tried wsrest 1 million times run multiple commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-game-services-error-code/7395482b-b5eb-4b24-8238-ac4dd8265aaa
  5. Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103: So I've been trying for the last 5 or so hours to re-install gaming services so I can keep playing minecraft with my wife, I've tried everything said in the following links:...
  6. Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103: So I've been trying for the last 5 or so hours to re-install gaming services so I can keep playing minecraft with my wife, I've tried everything said in the following links:...
  7. Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 upgrade error code "0x800700B7 - 0x1000A - The installation failed in the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade error code "0x800700B7 - 0x1000A - The installation failed in the...: I got error code "0x800700B7 - 0x1000A - The installation failed in the DOWNLEVEL phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation" when trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Window 10 I have a digital licence for it after restoring my computer to its pre-set factory...
  9. Error code 0x80070005 on Gaming Services and any Xbox app game downloads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x80070005 on Gaming Services and any Xbox app game downloads: To preface this, I have a pretty fresh installation of Windows. In general I just play games on Steam and Battle.net. I haven't messed with registry or anything that I imagine would usually cause errors like this. I am getting this error ( 0x80070005) which is Access Denied...
  10. Error 0x800700B7 when trying to install Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x800700B7 when trying to install Microsoft Store apps: I'm trying to install MS store apps, in particular, game services.. it hangs and says error 0x800700B7 after just a few seconds. I've tried various MS store reset techniques on here, but so far nothing has worked. I'm running win 10 1909, having just done the...