Windows 10: Xbox App changing brightness/contrast

Discus and support Xbox App changing brightness/contrast in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I click onto the xbox app on windows 10, my brightness or contrast settings are changed on my display settings and I can't get it to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChristopherJue, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Xbox App changing brightness/contrast

Whenever I click onto the xbox app on windows 10, my brightness or contrast settings are changed on my display settings and I can't get it to change back.

:)

ChristopherJue, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Naedlus Win User

Contrast settings while streaming Xbox App in Win 10

I use the same television for Win 10 as I do my XbOne.

The contrast is darker in Win 10, and I do not wish to change my general settings.

Is there a way to set the contrast in the Xbox app lighter for streaming,

or,

Do I have no choice but to play with the general Windows brightness settings to get the brightness ideal for the app, while reducing my overall enjoyment of the Windows? Or, do the settings that I am ignorant of allow for contrast settings for individual programs/applications?

Naedlus, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Xbox App changing brightness/contrast

Contrast/Brightness Settings

Hi Bincabinca,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the name of the game that you are trying to play?
    2. What is the make and model number of your laptop?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).

Meanwhile, you can enable the adaptive brightness by going to Settings >
    System > Display and check box the option
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes

Also, you can follow the below steps to enable the adaptive brightness from Control Panel.

1. Open Control Panel > and click on
      Power Options.
    2. Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click
      Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open
      Edit Plan Settings
      window.
    3. Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open
      Power Options dialog.
    4. Expand Display and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness
      . Change it to On.
    5. Restart the computer once for the changes to take effect and check if the brightness/contrast changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Xbox App changing brightness/contrast

1. Xbox App changing brightness/contrast - Similar Threads - Xbox App changing

2. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  3. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  4. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  5. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  6. Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness/Contrast changing: Hello. I have been trying to solve this problem for days now... hope you can help ( I'm new to the subreddit btw) So one day I decided to reposition my setup so I unplugged my monitor and when I set it up I noticed that my display has become more "pale" (I tested the...
  7. Contrast/brightness bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contrast/brightness bug: Hi recently got an Asus laptop after a while the laptop started to go high contrast and back to normal and I have already tried turning off high contrast settings, please help. PS I have tried Linux and no problem there....
  8. Windows help with brightness and contrast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows help with brightness and contrast: I have been having this issue that I cannot adjust my brightness and contrast... It pisses me off because it is hard to play games. If someone know a solution to this problem, please help me. Any help is appreciated! submitted by /u/Qountiemi [link] [comments]...
  9. The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode

The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode: So I have been harassed by this problem for quite a while. When my surface pro is not plugged in, and I open some software which has night mode (or even just open a Chrome tab with a whole screen size black image), then the screen brightness is going down and the contrast is...
  10. Contrast/Brightness Settings

Contrast/Brightness Settings: I've been having a lot of trouble with my contrast and brightness settings on my laptop. When I play games that are dark or take place during the night, I can hardly see anything. The games themselves do not always have the option to change these settings, however I've seen...