Windows 10: Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media

Discus and support Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright I have spend HOURS trying to figure this issue out. To the point of doing a reboot because "support" said the issue was a corrupted WMP file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AsayuHime, Feb 19, 2019.

1. AsayuHime Win User

Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media

Alright I have spend HOURS trying to figure this issue out. To the point of doing a reboot because "support" said the issue was a corrupted WMP file. Issue still isn't fixed (obviously, I'm here trying to stop myself from tearing out my hair). I am trying to stream movies from my PC to my XBOX. I am running Windows 10. Both are connected via wifi to the same network. I can use the Xbox app to stream my Xbox to my PC... But I my PC doesn't seem to want to be able to "see" my xbox allowing me to add it so I can "Cast to Device". I have been told part of that is that I have my "streaming" option off on my WMP but I CANT TURN THAT ON.. I click "turn on" my mouse does the "please wait" for .5 seconds then box goes back to "turn on" option. I am going out of my mind here, does anyone have any clue what the issue could be? I've uninstalled, reinstalled WMP, I've disabled WMP, I've gone into services making sure that everything that should be running is running... I'm at my wits end... Please help!

:)

AsayuHime, Feb 19, 2019
  2. MickD Win User

Stream Media to Xbox 360

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have lost something I used frequently, the ability to stream movies & pictures to my Xbox 360. Apparently Windows Media Center isn't supported on Win10. Looking for any suggestions or 3rd party apps, free solutionsXbox App Connected But no Streaming Media :) I downloaded and installed Plex on PC and Xbox but apparently their is a charge to stream from my pc using Plex.

MickD, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Xbox One Streaming

Hi Dylan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to stream on your Xbox One S. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When was the last time you were able to stream from your Xbox One S?
    • Have you tried using a different computer and check if the issue persists?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

You may also check the link below for troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media

XBox app streaming

Hi Connor,

Just to clarify, share the information;

- Is the issue specific to this particular app?

- Do you receive any error message when the app crash?

- Did the issue started recently?

I suggest you to try the steps in the following Xbox article and check if it helps.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...-windows/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming

If the issue still persists, then I suggest you post the query in Xbox forums. They will be better suited to guide you further.

http://forums.xbox.com/?xr=shellnav

Do let us know if you need any assistance regarding Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media

1. Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media - Similar Threads - Xbox App Connected

2. Streaming pc xbox App to another Xbox pc app or Xbox phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming pc xbox App to another Xbox pc app or Xbox phone app: When am I going to be able to do this?. Steam link has been doing it for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streaming-pc-xbox-app-to-another-xbox-pc-app-or/e7123429-8af9-4d6f-87e8-fd7c2622a693
  3. Streaming pc xbox App to another Xbox pc app or Xbox phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming pc xbox App to another Xbox pc app or Xbox phone app: When am I going to be able to do this?. Steam link has been doing it for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streaming-pc-xbox-app-to-another-xbox-pc-app-or/e7123429-8af9-4d6f-87e8-fd7c2622a693
  4. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  5. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  6. Media streaming to Xbox One question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media streaming to Xbox One question: Have desktop PC with huge secondary HD used to store family photo, video, music, etc. Applicable subdirectories set to share & stream to other devices around house. In main living room, we use Xbox One's internal media player app, and then browse to applicable subdirectory...
  7. Xbox App Streaming Lag

Xbox App Streaming Lag: Alright, so I've looked around the internet and pretty much tried every possible supposed fix for eliminating lag during streaming through the Xbox app. Nothing has worked though. My download/upload is around 100mbps, and the stream test on the Xbox app says I can stream on...
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  9. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  10. Stream Media to Xbox 360

Stream Media to Xbox 360: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have lost something I used frequently, the ability to stream movies & pictures to my Xbox 360. Apparently Windows Media Center isn't supported on Win10. Looking for any suggestions or 3rd party apps, free solutions*Smile I downloaded and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox is connected but i cant stream