Windows 10: Xbox app crashes after a Windows 10 reset

Discus and support Xbox app crashes after a Windows 10 reset in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently "reset" my Windows 10 machine. I left my data but had to reinstall all apps. I have an SSD as the main C:/ drive and an m.2 drive I'm using... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kbpalmer07, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Xbox app crashes after a Windows 10 reset

I recently "reset" my Windows 10 machine. I left my data but had to reinstall all apps. I have an SSD as the main C:/ drive and an m.2 drive I'm using as the E:/ drive.

After the reset I installed the Xbox app, I am a GamePass for PC subscriber so my intention was to reinstall a few games. However, when I launch the Xbox app and I move the mouse around the home screen for a few seconds the app crashes without a warning or message of any kind. If I quickly click on a game and get the app to move to a new window before the crash it will stay open. When I went to reinstall the games I asked to install them on the E:/ instead of the C:/ drive. When I did so the old WindowsApps folder was still on the E:/ drive and I had to reset permissions on that folder in order to delete it. Once I resolved that it seemed to work fine.

I followed the answer on this page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-on-pc-broke-when-i-reset-windows/7c4080e7-21ab-46c3-aebf-2b47988ba438 and I am still having the same issue.

:)

kbpalmer07, Sep 2, 2020

2. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Xbox App and Xbox App (Beta) keep crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox App (Beta) keeps on crashing. It is possible that the app is not updated or there is a software conflict with the other apps installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, We suggest that you perform the following solutions
    on your PC:

Solution 1. Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this link to fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store.

Solution 2. Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Solution 3. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App (Beta)

If the issue persists, click on this link for the steps to perform a clean
    boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup applications. It also helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update to your PC.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Xbox app crashes after a Windows 10 reset

Xbox App on Windows 10 Crashes Every 15 Sseconds

Hi,

The Xbox account, the in-game account, and an outdated version of the Xbox app are possible reasons why the Xbox app keeps on crashing. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to this concern?

Wilfred Mac, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Xbox app crashes after a Windows 10 reset

1. Xbox app crashes after a Windows 10 reset - Similar Threads - Xbox app crashes

2. Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it: Whenever I run the xbox app, it will load for a few seconds before closing itself out. I've tried some fixes like reinstalling it, reinstalling game bar/gaming services, updating, troubleshoots, and sfc /scannow. Here is the error I got in event viewer:Faulting application...
  3. Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it: Whenever I run the xbox app, it will load for a few seconds before closing itself out. I've tried some fixes like reinstalling it, reinstalling game bar/gaming services, updating, troubleshoots, and sfc /scannow. Here is the error I got in event viewer:Faulting application...
  4. Xbox App Crashes After Installation Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Crashes After Installation Win10: Hey guys! I contacted Microsoft Support yesterday and was working with them for hours to try and get this app to work, but eventually they gave up and said to contact Windows Support. Which I plan to do soon but was wondering if anyone else had this issue or know anything...
  5. Xbox App Crashes After Installation Win10

Xbox App Crashes After Installation Win10: Hey guys! I contacted Microsoft Support yesterday and was working with them for hours to try and get this app to work, but eventually they gave up and said to contact Windows Support. Which I plan to do soon but was wondering if anyone else had this issue or know anything...
  6. Windows 10 Xbox app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Xbox app crashing: Every Time I try to open Xbox app on windows 10 *To use gamepass* It crashes as you can see here! Recording *Via Youtube* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-xbox-app-crashing/7190ef71-5b7a-4124-aa35-603753088ccf
  7. Windows 10 Xbox app crashing

Windows 10 Xbox app crashing: Every Time I try to open Xbox app on windows 10 *To use gamepass* It crashes as you can see here! Recording *Via Youtube* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-xbox-app-crashing/7190ef71-5b7a-4124-aa35-603753088ccf
  8. xbox app repeatedly crashing after loading on windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox app repeatedly crashing after loading on windows 10: HI there, my xbox app is constantly crashing. I have reinstalled, reset it, updated windows, updated the xbox app, and attempted most of the fixes found on the first page of google results. Unsure what to try next. Thoughts appreciated...
  9. Xbox Windows 10 app instant crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Windows 10 app instant crashing on launch: The Xbox Windows 10 app instantly crashes upon launching. Have tried reinstalling resetting and repairing non have worked. The app stays open in the system tray but instantly closes and wont stay open. All that shows is this screen briefly. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Crash days after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crash days after reset: After previous errors with the system shown here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hardware-error-livekernelevent-193/f8db9571-ff35-4665-852c-c2103e962ecb?tm=1589731963979 I reset my computer and erased all programs/files. Now I am...