Windows 10: Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update

Discus and support Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am running the October 2018 Update on my Surface Book. Every time I try to launch the Xbox app, it opens to show the splash screen, then immediately... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Shawn Peters, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update

I am running the October 2018 Update on my Surface Book. Every time I try to launch the Xbox app, it opens to show the splash screen, then immediately closes/crashes. I have tried a variety of troubleshooting techniques, including doing a complete Refresh of my PC without success.

:)

Shawn Peters, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Dec 5, 2018
  3. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

any update to this?? The xbox app crashes on launch of the app on Windows 10.

KellonMohan, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update

1. Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update - Similar Threads - Xbox App Crashes

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. This Week on Xbox - October 26, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox - October 26, 2018: EjENeBZ_4zA We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  4. This Week on Xbox: October 19, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: October 19, 2018: NZ9-ALoFNe8 We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  5. This Week on Xbox October 12, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox October 12, 2018: This Week on Xbox, get an exclusive look at Fallout 76, the latest Xbox system update, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and even more. 4ihDljf9dww 119730
  6. October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out: 8T8k5yq_C8A If we could pull your attention away from exploring the beautiful scenery and becoming a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain with Forza Horizon 4, we have some new Xbox One features to share. The October 2018 Xbox Update adds new ways to express yourself with...
  7. This Week on Xbox: October 5, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: October 5, 2018: 3C2t5mLMU30 We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  8. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  9. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........
  10. New Xbox Games with Gold for October 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New Xbox Games with Gold for October 2018: KnRNWlma3vU Welcome to a new Games with Gold reveal for Xbox One and Xbox 360! In October on Xbox One, battle it out in the kitchen in Overcooked!, then defeat the forces of evil in Victor Vran. On Xbox 360 and Xbox One via Backward Compatibility, create movie magic in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app crashing on launch