Windows 10: Xbox App Freezes My Computer

Discus and support Xbox App Freezes My Computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any idea how to fix this? I got the game pass for pc with the Xbox app from the windows store, but every time I load it up, after about an hour or 2 my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/muffin_head87, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Xbox App Freezes My Computer

Any idea how to fix this? I got the game pass for pc with the Xbox app from the windows store, but every time I load it up, after about an hour or 2 my computer starts to slow waaaaaaaaay down and then freezes and I have to restart it manually. If anyone has any idea how to fix this that would be great!

submitted by /u/muffin_head87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/muffin_head87, Sep 24, 2020

2. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox App Freezes My Computer [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Xbox App Freezes My Computer

xbox app freezing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue in local account or Microsoft account?
    • Is the issue specific to the Xbox app?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1:
    Run a Windows app troubleshooter and check.

Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run a System and Maintenance troubleshooter and check.

• Press the ‘Windows + X’ key and select Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      view all and select System and Maintenance.

• Follow the on screen steps and check.
    Check if the issue persists in the Clean boot state.

Step 3: Perform a
    clean boot to disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Xbox App Freezes My Computer

1. Xbox App Freezes My Computer - Similar Threads - Xbox App Freezes

2. Apps on my computer don't open/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on my computer don't open/freeze: Apps on my computer don't open or they freeze when opened sometimes, this is only happening with my games from my knowledge. The games are sometimes steam games and sometimes there games I downloaded online, most games every error message is different, for example some steam...
  3. Apps on my computer don't open/freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps on my computer don't open/freeze: Apps on my computer don't open or they freeze when opened sometimes, this is only happening with my games from my knowledge. The games are sometimes steam games and sometimes there games I downloaded online, most games every error message is different, for example some steam...
  4. Xbox app freezing on surface pro 8

Xbox app freezing on surface pro 8: Xbox app won’t work except for scrolling and minimizing the window. I cannot even close the app without using Task manager. I have tried all the tips provided. Uninstalling and reinstalling. I’ve repaired the app and Microsoft store. I am out of options. What can I do? I have...
  5. Xbox app freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app freezing: Hi!My xbox app keeps freezing after some time open. I'm doing a game download and when a come back to the app to check the status off download the app freezes and i have to restart the notebook to get it back working again.I'm running the 21H2 version compilation 22000.282....
  6. Xbox app freezing

Xbox app freezing: Hi!My xbox app keeps freezing after some time open. I'm doing a game download and when a come back to the app to check the status off download the app freezes and i have to restart the notebook to get it back working again.I'm running the 21H2 version compilation 22000.282....
  7. The Xbox App won't install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox App won't install on my computer.: I keep getting the error code 0x80240004 whenever I try to download a game from the Microsoft store or trying to install the Xbox App please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-xbox-app-wont-install-on-my-computer/556514f1-1243-43c7-b2e5-f407cb930267
  8. My computer keeps on freezing and apps are uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps on freezing and apps are uninstalling.: I have an Acer Spin 1 computer and have used it for one year now, however I noticed just a couple of weeks ago, it uninstalled some apps and even hid some of them. Then later, I noticed that some of the apps reinstalled, but then all of a sudden Scripting turned off on my...
  9. Windows 10 Xbox Beta App Freezing the computer completely.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Xbox Beta App Freezing the computer completely.: Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my new AMD x570 motherboard with the gen 4 nvme. Did my normal setup and today after downloading every game and going to do the same for the xbox/windows games that are on the xbox beta app the app launches then freezes the whole...
  10. Xbox freezes other apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox freezes other apps: I think that Xbox system is guilty in freezing my game when I am playing in non-Xbox apps. Can I shut off Xbox app and other connected apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-freezes-other-apps/87ba3c2e-0a56-491e-85b7-77eb7bb0c9d3