Windows 10: Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck

Discus and support Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been happening on my computer and my brothers, and we can't find anything online about it. We've had our computers for over a year now. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jigotiga, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Jigotiga Win User

Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck

This has been happening on my computer and my brothers, and we can't find anything online about it. We've had our computers for over a year now.

So, this happens randomly, but sometimes when I record with the DVR the audio will be captured just fine but the video will seem like it's stuck on the first frame. The whole video is just the one frame of video. Like the video is paused. Happens in multiple games. Today, I recorded a clip where this happened, but my cursor happened to be on screen. The video plays, the cursor moves, but the background gameplay is still stuck. So, the video isn't actually stuck. Something is getting messed up with the recording where the gameplay isn't recorded properly.

Here are two video examples where the cursor shows up but the video is stuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJgncrW4lA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0EvlYwY5Q

:)

Jigotiga, Aug 19, 2018

2. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Xbox game DVR cant record clips

Hi

i cant record video from games with xbox game DVR, my hardware is supported, xbox app is up to date but still i see this error: This PC cant record clips !!!

what is problem ??

Mehrdad Aria, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

xbox game dvr clip recording

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-dvr-windows-10

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-game-dvr-windows-10

If the issue still persist I suggest you to post your query in Xbox forum for better assistance.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck - Similar Threads - Xbox App Game

2. Xbox Game DVR not recording mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game DVR not recording mic: I saw in another thread the solution to this is having it record game only, but I want my friends on discord to be recorded in the clips. I don’t have an NVIDIA card so I can’t use Shadowplay, and I don’t wanna record with OBS always because I just wanna clip the last 30...
  3. Microsoft Game DVR---Recording audio but video does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Game DVR---Recording audio but video does not show: So I record my computer's videos and games sometimes with Microsoft's Game DVR and the result is always successful: it displays both audio and video and I'm able to see the video again. However, today I have done the same thing, and the audio worked but the video did not show...
  4. Game DVR not recording only game audio.

Game DVR not recording only game audio.: Basically as the title states, I'm trying to use the Game Bar to record in-game clips from GTA:V which I play in the windowed borderless mode, but it still ends up recording other sounds (Discord among others) as well. Is this a bug or does it have something to do with GTA's...
  5. Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings

Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings: Today I recorded about 8 hours of video in about 30 clips with the native game mode. I have recorded previously with no issues, so was not checking each clip for proper playback. At the end of it all, I realized that there was no audio in any of today's captures. After some...
  6. No video when recording games with Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video when recording games with Game DVR: Recently when playing games through Steam and using the Game DVR background recording function I have found that when recordings are commanded by default WIN+ALT+G they have no visual content, only audio. I have traced this back to the Windows service xbgm not running. When...
  7. Recording game DVR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording game DVR: I record my games using the game DVR but these clips don’t have a picture, only sound. Just a few games can be recorded with a picture such as Skyrim and KSP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-game-dvr/15bbdfdc-c75f-4e70-8f0d-e841f0018492
  8. Game DVR is not recording all of my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR is not recording all of my audio: So Game DVR has been my main source of recording moments during games for me. A couple of months ago it was working fine, recording all my audio [Game audio, Discord audio (my friend's voices) and my mic's audio]. Everything can be heard in the clips. As of recently, Game...
  9. Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.: Well, I use the Xbox Game DVR a lot when I play, specially League of Legends and Ori and the Blind Forest. But when I play Paladins, I can open de Game Bar, but te options of Win+G and Win+R don't work, it says that I can't record at the moment, and try again later. This...
  10. Game DVR not recording game audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR not recording game audio: Hi everyone, I've been looking for a fix for ages now, but all forum threads I found were talking about the Game DVR recording no audio at all, while I can hear my microphone, but nothing else *Wink I've tried changing the audio quality, restarting my pc and even recording...