Windows 10: Xbox app - game invites broken

Discus and support Xbox app - game invites broken in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been playing Sea of Thieves on my Windows 10 PC for a week or two now without issue. I play the game via the Xbox game pass and have installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ohnomorphism, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Xbox app - game invites broken

I have been playing Sea of Thieves on my Windows 10 PC for a week or two now without issue. I play the game via the Xbox game pass and have installed it via the Microsoft store.

The issue started yesterday when a friend of mine invited me to their game. I clicked the button to accept the invite, as usual, and instead of allowing me to join the game, it took me to the Xbox app page for the Sea of Thieves game. I have since tried multiple ways to join my friend's game, including clicking the 'join game' button on their profile in both the Xbox app, as well as in the Xbox game bar, and have tried accepting invitations via the Xbox app, Xbox game bar, and the windows notification center. All variations on attempting to join a game simply bring me to the Xbox app page for the game.

I have since searched diligently online for any potential solutions to this problem. I have repaired (and subsequently reset) the Xbox app, the Xbox game bar app, and the Sea of Thieves app via the Windows apps & features menu to no avail. I have tried moving my Sea of Thieves installation to a different HDD and launching from there, but the same issue occurs. At no point am I being shown any errors.

I have tried literally everything I can think of and by this point I am tearing my hair out. I am now completely unable to play this game with my friends as it is impossible for me to join them. I don't believe this is a networking issue of any kind since I am quite happily able to join the game servers alone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/ohnomorphism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ohnomorphism, Dec 3, 2020

2. How do I invite someone to a game using their Xbox Live Gamertag?

I reset a Windows Phone to factory default state, grabbed a few friends, and tried this game out with a few phones and browsers.

I think the article includes this step to ensure that the phone is signed into Xbox Live. One of the phones I was using was in factory default state and has never had a Live ID on it. When I went into the Xbox Live hub the first time I was given the option
    to either sign in or create an Xbox Live account. Of course once I signed in the ID remained on the phone and I didn't have to go through this step again.

The method in which invites are made in this game differ from the other xbox live games I've played (on the phone, on the PC, and on the Xbox console). But the article Benedito mentioned this possibility too.

Not all games have the option to play with more than one person. If invitations are permitted, each game will have a different way to invite someone.
    Whereas other games typically have you select from your friend list as you've found this game has you send select e-mail addresses. This game doesn't use one's gamertag at all of initiating new games. So if you don't know a potential opponent's e-mail address
    it looks that you will either need to be comfortable enough with the other player to exchange e-mail address with an xbox live message or simply not play against that opponent :-( Looking in the multi-player help the instructions listed there also only mention
    e-mail as the method of starting up a game.

If you'd like to see this change be sore to rate and review the application so that your feedback is present for considerations in future updates.

A positive I found is that associates that had no Xbox Live account prior to receiving a game invite were willing to signup for one after having received this game invite.

|
    http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP | Software Engineer

Joel Ivory Johnson, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Phone to PC/Xbox multiplayer games?

Hello X1f3r,

Not all games have the option to play with more than one person. If invitations are permitted, each game will have a different way to invite someone. You might check in the main menu to see if invitations are possible.

Follow these steps:

• On Start, tap Games
    • In Games, sign in to (or join) Xbox LIVE.
    • Tap on a game to open it. The game should tell you whether you can play it at the same time as someone else (real-time) or take turns playing (turn-based). If the person has a Windows 7 Phone, he will receive the invitation directly, if he has a different
      phone, a link will be sent with the invitation

Patrizia R., Dec 3, 2020
  4. Bestbear Win User

Xbox app - game invites broken

Not Receiving Party or Game Invites on the Windows 10 Xbox Console companion app

I am on windows 10 and use the Xbox Console Companion app. when I get an invite to a party or game, the notification does not show up and I cannot join the party, but I do get the notification on my phone. In the
    Xbox notification settings, the setting for party and game invites does not appear. It would be much appreciated if I could get help solving this problem thanks.

Bestbear, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Xbox app - game invites broken

1. Xbox app - game invites broken - Similar Threads - Xbox app game

2. Xbox Game Bar broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar broken?: Been like this now for about 6 weeks. Turn my pc on open game bar, join a party I get a yellow triangle in the top of the widget. Other people can hear me for 10-15 seconds then nothing...Also if I open game bad while in a game the pc just completely crashes.Anyone else got...
  3. My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites: My game bar has been working perfectly fine with minor hiccups recently Notification sounds bugging and staying silent, etc.. However, as of last week, my game bar has not received any party or game invites. I have looked for answers only to find outdated solutions and...
  4. My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites: My game bar has been working perfectly fine with minor hiccups recently Notification sounds bugging and staying silent, etc.. However, as of last week, my game bar has not received any party or game invites. I have looked for answers only to find outdated solutions and...
  5. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello,let me get straight to the point.The issues- the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it. Neither can I start downloaded games, nor can I accept invites Sea of Thieves. For the...
  6. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello,let me get straight to the point.The issues- the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it. Neither can I start downloaded games, nor can I accept invites Sea of Thieves. For the...
  7. Xbox Games Broken on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Games Broken on PC: IntroI sincerely apologize for the lengthy and monotonous explanation; I have been having these issues for months now and I am desperate to have them fixed so I want to provide as many details as possible.Also, I know these issues are Xbox-related but I was on the phone with...
  8. Xbox Games Broken on PC

Xbox Games Broken on PC: IntroI sincerely apologize for the lengthy and monotonous explanation; I have been having these issues for months now and I am desperate to have them fixed so I want to provide as many details as possible.Also, I know these issues are Xbox-related but I was on the phone with...
  9. re-install broken games - Xbox app on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-install broken games - Xbox app on Win10: Hello got a broken harddrive, replaced it. Now the Xbox app still shows games like Sea of Thieves, Age of Empires 3 and so on as installed, but i cant start them. Also uninstall in Xbox app or from Windows store is not working. Installing new never played games works....
  10. Xbox Game Bar Invites Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Invites Not Working: All my friends play on Xbox and I’m on PC and the only way I’m able to join parties is through the game bar. But last week the Xbox game bar started acting up. It’s not letting me join parties. Invites from other players don’t work and I can’t invite other players to a party....