Windows 10: Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

Discus and support Xbox App games not fully uninstalling in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielMPC, Jul 26, 2022.

1. DanielMPC Win User

Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the Xbox App. AND NEXT, I saw that the MSIXVC folder still has the install files for them despite me again not wanting to install them or use them again. I don't want to uninstall files in the MSIXVC folder because I don't want to accidentally render one of my actual games useless, Is there a way I can just like fully uninstall

:)

DanielMPC, Jul 26, 2022

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 26, 2022
  3. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jul 26, 2022
  4. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

uninstall xbox beta game on windows 10

when i try to uninstall a game (for example Yakuza 0) from the xbox beta app, the game is removed from the list but it doesn't free up the space on the disk. also, if i try to reinstall, then it takes only a few seconds so it means even the installer is
    still saved somewhere. i was able to find the game folder on windowsapps but then i dont know if i should delete it so it doesnt corrupt anything else. i also found old games that i thought they were uninstalled before, how do i fully uninstall them?

ChancaPiedras, Jul 26, 2022
Thema:

Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

1. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling - Similar Threads - Xbox App games

2. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?: I got gamepass and its given me nothing but headaches, Games get stuck downloading and uninstalling, vanishing onto my drives with no way of deleting them.I try to uninstall a game after no luck of it launching Control and it just stays stuck on UNINSTALLING.Now ive lost 60...
  5. Xbox game uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game uninstall: I have a problem where I wanted to install Forza Horizon 4 but it failed during installing but now I have half of my disk space used cuz of the game failing to install and I cant even find the folder with it. I really need help with it cuz if I cant install it I atleast want...
  6. Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass: Hi everybody, i've got a problem uninstall Xbox GamePass games on my PC: if i uninstall them from xbox app or from settings-app it doesn't really uninstall them. In my Asus Armoury Crate there is a games section that optimize the games installed in my pc, and it keeps finding...
  7. Can't fully uninstall games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't fully uninstall games.: I have 3 or 4 games totaling over 200GB on my SSD that I have uninstalled through the control panel. They no longer show up under the xbox app, no longer under my apps/programs, no longer in the windows store, does not show up while using PowerShell as an administrator but...
  8. Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10: Like many others, I've got the Xbox game pass for PC, and downloaded some games. After trying out, I've got an error during the uninstall of these games, namely at the moment Wolfenstein Young Blood and Age of Empires III. By clicking the uninstall button on the app, it...
  9. I can't fully uninstall this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't fully uninstall this app: I was recently having problems with nordvpn so I decided to install and uninstall again to see if it would fix the problem.I couldn't understand all that so I killed all of the processes related to nordvpn and then I was able to uninstall. when I tried to download it again it...
  10. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps: How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...