Windows 10: XBox App inputs audio through microphone

Discus and support XBox App inputs audio through microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Long story short, the XBox app for win10 puts all audio through my microphone causing a feedback loop. Whenever my friends talk on xbox app, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Avg. Internet Nerd, Feb 23, 2019.

1. XBox App inputs audio through microphone

Long story short, the XBox app for win10 puts all audio through my microphone causing a feedback loop.

Whenever my friends talk on xbox app, it's sent back through my microphone. I don't know why.

:)

Avg. Internet Nerd, Feb 23, 2019

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Photos app not working when trying to start using a microphone

Hi Kad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using microphone headset or in-built microphone which came with the computer?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run Recording audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshoot on the Window search bar and select
      troubleshooting.

• Click on view all and click on
      Recording Audio.

• Click on Advanced on the Recording Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Recording Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I would suggest you to update the sound driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Audio inputs and outputs”.

• Right click on the audio driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

XBox App inputs audio through microphone

Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

XBox App inputs audio through microphone

1. XBox App inputs audio through microphone - Similar Threads - XBox App inputs

2. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  3. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  4. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  5. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels: Adjusting the volume of an app also adjusts the input levels of the microphone in Windows Sound Mixer, when that app listens for a microphone. How do I break this relation? I want to adjust the output volume of apps to my desired levels whenever I want in the mixer*, without...
  6. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels: Adjusting the volume of an app also adjusts the input levels of the microphone in Windows Sound Mixer, when that app listens for a microphone. How do I break this relation? I want to adjust the output volume of apps to my desired levels whenever I want in the mixer*, without...
  7. Microphone audio input problem

Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  8. Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio

Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio: I've been having a problem where any audio played through my headset also gets output through my microphone. I've tried testing audio from multiple sources and outputting it to multiple sources, but the problem always persists. It looks like an issue with Windows...
  9. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  10. Xbox app microphone

Xbox app microphone: Whenever i go to the xbox and press turn on mic while recording it says "your privacy settings are blocking your microphone" so then I click "show me how to fix" but all the options are on to allow my microphone access to everything (btw I am using Windows 10)...