Windows 10: Xbox App microphone issues

Discus and support Xbox App microphone issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, Having an issue where my microphone makes lots of strange noises and feedback in the xbox party whenever I play a game. I’ve set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ReubenShepherd, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Xbox App microphone issues

Hi all,

Having an issue where my microphone makes lots of strange noises and feedback in the xbox party whenever I play a game.

I’ve set the settings to 96,000 hz on the mic so the issue is not there, and the mic performs fine on every other application (discord etc) and also when I’m just on the windows desktop whilst in an xbox party but as soon I start a game, namely Fortnite, Ark: Survival Evolved or War Thunder, it starts to bug out and make those noises.

I did manage to fix it on fortnite for a short time by making sure the microphone fortnite used was the same as the one on the xbox app, as it was set to default. I changed it to the specific mic and it stopped making the sound but then when I reopened the game it did it again.

I’m going to try and reinstall the xbox app but other than that I’m out of ideas.

:)

ReubenShepherd, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 micropohone not working for xbox app

Hi El Piooo,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I would like you to try the following steps:

1. Are you facing issue specific with Xbox or any other music app?
    2. May I know is that built-in microphone or External
      microphone?
    However, I suggest you to try below steps:

Method 1: Microphone troubleshooting

In case, if the issue with Microphone, then you can check this

Fix microphone problems

Method 2: Microsoft store

In case, if the issue with application, then you can check this
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Go through the above two article steps.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Xbox App microphone issues

Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Xbox App microphone issues

1. Xbox App microphone issues - Similar Threads - Xbox App microphone

2. Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter: Hello,My son just purchased a new Asus gaming computer, which has Windows 11 installed. We have been trying to get his headset to work with it, but after many tests others can barely hear him speaking. We have three different headsets, plus a standalone microphone. One...
  3. Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter: Hello,My son just purchased a new Asus gaming computer, which has Windows 11 installed. We have been trying to get his headset to work with it, but after many tests others can barely hear him speaking. We have three different headsets, plus a standalone microphone. One...
  4. xbox app issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app issue: so I cant hear or speak to anyone when i join a party and yes all audio and microphone inputs and outputs are correct but it always shows my icon always highlighted so im not sure what's happing...
  5. xbox app issue

xbox app issue: so I cant hear or speak to anyone when i join a party and yes all audio and microphone inputs and outputs are correct but it always shows my icon always highlighted so im not sure what's happing...
  6. Usb microphone on the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb microphone on the xbox app.: I'm trying to get my razor usb microphone to work on the xbox app on windows 10. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-on-the-xbox-app/d2e5bfef-d331-4506-a7d9-c653b5856e41
  7. Xbox game bar microphone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar microphone issue: When I try to enable my microphone on the Xbox game bar, it always says: Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone. It makes no sense since I've enabled it on all apps and set it to on for pretty much everything. And, I've been able to talk in many other applications...
  8. Microphone not working on Xbox companion app

Microphone not working on Xbox companion app: Hello, my microphone is having trouble on the xbox gamebar and companion app. Nobody can hear me, but I can hear everyone. I set my recording device both in the audio settings for the xbox gamebar, and in the sound control panel as the default device for sound and...
  9. Xbox app microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox app microphone: Whenever i go to the xbox and press turn on mic while recording it says "your privacy settings are blocking your microphone" so then I click "show me how to fix" but all the options are on to allow my microphone access to everything (btw I am using Windows 10)...
  10. Xbox App Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App Issues: Right now, my Xbox App on PC isn't able to connect to parties and I'm unable to play Xbox Play Anywhere games because under "Xbox Multiplayer: Server Connectivity" in Network Status, it keeps coming up as blocked. I gone through all the support pages and the trouble shooting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic problems xbox app

2. microsoft update microphone issues xbox

3. mic not working on xbox app pc

4. XBOX APP SOUND ISSUE,
  5. xbox app mic issues,
  6. xbox app mic not working,
  7. xbox application windows 10 microphone issues