Windows 10: Xbox App/Microsoft Store Games Missing/Unlauncheable after Duplicating/Creating New User...

Discus and support Xbox App/Microsoft Store Games Missing/Unlauncheable after Duplicating/Creating New User... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had to copy/create a new user account on my PC due to issues I was having with my work cloud/Citrix. I created a new User Account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanWallace5, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Xbox App/Microsoft Store Games Missing/Unlauncheable after Duplicating/Creating New User...

Hi,

I recently had to copy/create a new user account on my PC due to issues I was having with my work cloud/Citrix. I created a new User Account and copied over the relevant data/folder to this new account. I was using the Administrator account prior to this. However, when I launch my Xbox App/Microsoft Store on my PC, none of my installed games from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store show up or are able to launch. I've scoured the internet looking for a solution or something that can help the Xbox App to recognize my already installed games, but nothing so far has worked. Is there a way to fix this issue? I would really not have to install 5-10 games again and lose my saved games/data. Please help!

Seam

:)

SeanWallace5, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Store adds new Wish list option for all Windows 10 users

Read more: Microsoft Store adds new wish list option for all Windows 10 users | On MSFT

Brink, Jan 15, 2021
  4. robinpe Win User

Xbox App/Microsoft Store Games Missing/Unlauncheable after Duplicating/Creating New User...

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Xbox App/Microsoft Store Games Missing/Unlauncheable after Duplicating/Creating New User...

1. Xbox App/Microsoft Store Games Missing/Unlauncheable after Duplicating/Creating New User... - Similar Threads - Xbox App Microsoft

2. Cannot Install Any New Games from Xbox App or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install Any New Games from Xbox App or Microsoft Store: Hello,I've been trying to install new games with the Xbox App for over a week, and it always fails.In the Xbox app the error reads "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can try waiting a bit and try again or restart your...
  3. Cannot Install Any New Games from Xbox App or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Install Any New Games from Xbox App or Microsoft Store: Hello,I've been trying to install new games with the Xbox App for over a week, and it always fails.In the Xbox app the error reads "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can try waiting a bit and try again or restart your...
  4. Microsoft Store app missing after update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app missing after update: Hello,Microsoft Store app is missing after latest update. I've followed all the recent repair suggestions, and none have worked. Is there a way to reinstall a fresh copy of windows?...
  5. Microsoft Store app missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app missing after update: Hello,Microsoft Store app is missing after latest update. I've followed all the recent repair suggestions, and none have worked. Is there a way to reinstall a fresh copy of windows?...
  6. Microsoft Store app missing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games.

Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games.: Hi, I'm trying to play some games using the xbox app but whenever I hit play on a game instead of opening the game it opens the gaming services page on the Microsoft store, does anybody know how to fix this?...
  8. microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads

microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads: So i have been searching for the last few days for a solution, i have tried all Microsoft suggestions. After reproducing the same issue from two individual systems on different networks I'm 80% it is an issue on Microsoft's end. Regular applications such as Skype or video...
  9. unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app: I can't sign into my xbox account, it will just load and then close, then when i try to download something on my pc then it will just load and then stay loading. I tried doing wrseset.exe and it does nothing....
  10. Missing game on Xbox PC app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing game on Xbox PC app.: Hi, I'm missing the sole MS game that I've so far been able to download and install on my PC thats a question for another time. Gears 5 has gone without a trace. The app lists nothing under my games or games I own. Fortunately my purchase history clearly displays it's...