Windows 10: xbox app no longer allowing me to select a drive to install

Discus and support xbox app no longer allowing me to select a drive to install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; At some point recently, I don't know exactly when, I'm no longer allowed to select a drive to install my games on via the xbox app in windows 10.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Floggins, May 31, 2021.

1. Floggins Win User

xbox app no longer allowing me to select a drive to install

At some point recently, I don't know exactly when, I'm no longer allowed to select a drive to install my games on via the xbox app in windows 10.I have all the latest windows updates, and have tried the tricks of changing the "installed apps" location in settings, uninstall the app, etc. nothing is working. I just get a blank window in the pull-down. The strange thing is that i can play my existing installed games and also "move" games to my games drive from the Add Programs window.

:)

Floggins, May 31, 2021

2. Xbox app not allowing me to talk or stream games.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Let us further isolate this concern by resetting both Xbox app and your Xbox One. To do this, kindly refer to the steps below:

Reset Xbox app settings.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Reset your Xbox One to a factory defaults.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select All Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Console info & updates.
    • Select Reset console.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 31, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

xbox app no longer allowing me to select a drive to install [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, May 31, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

xbox app no longer allowing me to select a drive to install [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. xbox app no longer allowing me to select a drive to install - Similar Threads - xbox app longer

2. Does Microsoft PowerToys App allow selective install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Microsoft PowerToys App allow selective install?: I need some PowerToys such as following but concerned about risk for others such as TweakUI.Command Prompt Here opened a command prompt in the current directory.Explore from Here opened File Explorer in the current directory.Is it possible to selectively install to avoid...
  3. XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  4. XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  5. XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  6. XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.

XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  7. Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application: I have two versions of the same app. Currently, in Default Apps, the associated app is the wrong version and I need to change it. When I go to Default Apps and click to change it, it does not give me the option of the other version -- presumably because they are the same name...
  8. Xbox App will not allow me to connect to parties.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox App will not allow me to connect to parties.: Every time I click “Join Party” or “Start a party” it does respond at all. It just sits on a loading circle then crashes or resets back to normal. Then for the Xbox game hotbar, it’s the same thing. I can’t create a voice chat or join a party. Any help? submitted by...
  9. Xbox (Beta) App not allowing me to play or install games?

Xbox (Beta) App not allowing me to play or install games?: Hi there, Today when I tried to load up the Xbox (Beta) app on my PC the only game showing was Rise of Nations: Extended Edition? However before today I have also installed/played: Undertale, My Time At Portia, FM2019, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, The Outer Worlds...
  10. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.: Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon. I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access...