Windows 10: Xbox App not appearing in Search

Discus and support Xbox App not appearing in Search in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title basically. It's been an issue for a little while for me and I just find it a mildly annoying QOL problem. No functional issue here, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spartan_100, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Xbox App not appearing in Search

Title basically.

It's been an issue for a little while for me and I just find it a mildly annoying QOL problem. No functional issue here, just whenever I click the spyglass to search for apps I type in "Xbox" and every Xbox related app appears except for the Xbox app itself. I can find it through search on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my desktop. This is the only app I've noticed I've had a problem with. I've tried uninstalling it totally from my computer and reinstalling it (both automatically and through manual powershell commands) and neither method of uninstalling and reinstalling seems to get it to appear in search. Still runs as expected, there's no functional problem with it. I can also still find it in my apps list when I click the windows button. It's just not appearing in search is all.

Anyone have a fix?

EDIT: Apparently it can be found if I click the "Apps" text after searching for "Xbox". It's like 7th in the list for some reason. Though again, typing "Xbox App" brings up no results at all whereas on my Laptop it at least brings up the Console Companion app. Just concerned there may be something wrong with my search?

submitted by /u/Spartan_100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spartan_100, Apr 21, 2020

2. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Xbox App not appearing in Search

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

Get Xbox Console Companion - Microsoft Store

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Xbox App not appearing in Search

1. Xbox App not appearing in Search - Similar Threads - Xbox App appearing

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  4. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  5. Apps do not appear in search

in Cortana
    Apps do not appear in search: I've turned on search indexing turned on but for some reason, some apps do not appear in search menu. You can see the screenshot below to get more details. Please help me. I need to fix this....
  6. Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.: I uninstalled TranslucentTB but it still appears in search. I've tried many fixes and none of them have helped. This isn't the only app btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-apps-still-appearing-in-search/c1c3d0d5-238c-47db-8205-2bd40f3f165f
  7. Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results: [ATTACH] Whe I try to open an app with the Search Bar (Win+Q or Win+S), some of them doesn't have their proper icon. This shows when is correct: https://preview.redd.it/kbfvvqp3hxi61.png?width=781&format=png&auto=webp&s=e959582ca1c3b1263d81682ada82b97e0250e9eb And this...
  8. Xbox App - Friend Not Appearing Online (and Vice Versa)

Xbox App - Friend Not Appearing Online (and Vice Versa): My friend and I are friends on Xbox and both have the PC app that we use to game. However he never appears online to me and I never appear online to him. We have unfriended/refriended and uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times but still no luck. It's a PITA as we have to use...
  9. Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app

Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app: Just for people to keep in mind, I am enrolled in the 'Xbox App (Windows Gaming)' preview in the Xbox Insider Hub. You most likely need this to see it. I was browsing the Xbox app and noticed a new little upside-right ellipsis next to the play button on State of Decay 2,...
  10. Why do some apps in search appear like this?

in Cortana
    Why do some apps in search appear like this?: Happened for a while now, just got bothered to ask now. Some apps appear like this when searching for them, I think I changed a setting somewhere. Some apps in search appear with the image icon [ATTACH]...