Windows 10: Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

Discus and support Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, folk! If your new here, welcome to the Microsoft community forms! Some of you have probably realised that the Xbox App has changed its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jun 5, 2019.

1. Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

Hey there, folk!

If your new here, welcome to the Microsoft community forms!

Some of you have probably realised that the Xbox App has changed its name to Xbox Companion App. It does the same thing as the Xbox App, but there are some new features!

They have changed the name so it fits into how the App will be used in the future. The App will be a one stop place to customise the consoles features and settings right from your Windows or mobile device.

More features and settings are set to follow in the near future for this app. However you do need to be running the latest versions of Windows.

Logo has changed

The Logo used to be a picture of the Xbox Icon. Now the logo has changed to a picture of a console as seen in the image underneath

Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion 2b4b4e8f-a839-4303-959b-479260536ea0?upload=true.png

Group Messages have been removed from the App

You will no longer be able to send group messages in the app. However, you will be able to send group messages on your Xbox console and from the Windows game bar when you press Start key & R together.

You can still message people from within the App and through the Windows Game bar.

Voice messaging on the App on mobile devices

You will now be able to send and receive voice messages through your Xbox Console Companion App on your IOS and Android device. This is a new feature that has been implemented to make it easier for you to send and receive messages with your friends on Xbox.

My old messages have been removed!

Yes, when the App was updated, old messages have been removed. Xbox did send an announcement via Xbox Message about these changes.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any feedback regarding the Xbox Companion App, please post them at https://xbox.uservoice.com or through the feedback app on Windows.

Happy Gaming!

Regards,

:)

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jun 5, 2019

2. Connect the console to his Xbox app on Windows

Hey Xbox Gamer!

In order to get your console connected with your Xbox App again, we suggest you try performing a

Factory Reset
    while keeping your games and apps.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    Make sure you have your email and password as you will be asked to sign back into your account afterwards. Let us know if this helps!

XBF Lance J, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Xbox 360 smart glass app not working for me

Thank you for your response. SmartGlass on Xbox 360 is only compatible with the following:

• SmartGlass for Windows 8
    • Xbox Companion for Windows Phone
    • SmartGlass for iOS
    • SmartGlass for Android.

SmartGlass on Xbox 360 can be updated by updating the console itself. To get a new update, you can visit this

link
    and follow the steps provided.

For more information about setting up the SmartGlass on the Xbox 360, you can follow the steps on this

link

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

xbox companion app

I can't find the xbox companion app in the market place on my omnia 7. Anyone know why?

aidyhughes, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

1. Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion - Similar Threads - Xbox App changed

2. Xbox Console Companion app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion app: The Xbox Console Companion XCC is now longer usable since Microsoft wants you to use the Xbox App. However, you cannot upload custom gamerpics with the Xbox App for Windows 10, you could with XCC. I am asking for the Uploading of custom gamerpics feature be added to the Xbox...
  3. Xbox Console Companion app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Console Companion app: The Xbox Console Companion XCC is now longer usable since Microsoft wants you to use the Xbox App. However, you cannot upload custom gamerpics with the Xbox App for Windows 10, you could with XCC. I am asking for the Uploading of custom gamerpics feature be added to the Xbox...
  4. Xbox app, Xbox Console Companion issues

Xbox app, Xbox Console Companion issues: Hello all! I am not able to sign into the Xbox app as the sign in button does not work. No matter what sign in buttons I press, it does not let me sign in. I tried using the Xbox Console Companion but it just keeps loading and loading. I tried resetting both of these apps...
  5. Xbox console companion

Xbox console companion: Hi everyone I used to be using Microsoft console companion to stream my X1S display on my laptop, but I bought Game Pass Ultimate and the Companion recommended me to download the Xbox app as I did. But the progress stuck for 2 hours and didn't move so I closed it. On one of...
  6. Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion App Issues

Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion App Issues: I just got a new pc a few days ago and I have been trying to be able to talk in xbox party chat. I first downloaded the xbox app beta and it lets me use the app normally but when I try and join/start a party, my mic does not work and a few seconds later I get kicked. This...
  7. xbox console companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox console companion: i have tried litteraly everthing from command prompts to uninstalling to rebooting everything that people hvae suggested and i still cant join a party when i try to join a party i can heard my friend for a few seconds then t hey cut out...
  8. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox Console Companion: Whenever I try to install the Xbox Console Companion app I keep getting an error saying that it can't be installed. I've tried everything it's just the app it self won't install. My internet is fine but, the installer just keeps saying "Couldn't install. We'll try again...
  9. xbox console companion app

xbox console companion app: honestly im a little disappointed im not allowed to download apps first of all im on my school computer and the app makes you re-download all your games it would be cool to see my games already there instead of re-downloading all my apps and risk getting my laptop getting...
  10. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Console Companion: I have a problem with this link, its displayed onscreen at the start up page almost dead center. I can not click it or delete it, its on there when I go onto other programs, internet, or gaming. Please help!!???!! [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does xbox console companion do