Windows 10: xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...

Discus and support xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Restarting the service or computer does not fix the error, and neither does the troubleshooter when given the option to use it.dism service is also no... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Nokel, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Nokel Win User

xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...

Restarting the service or computer does not fix the error, and neither does the troubleshooter when given the option to use it.dism service is also no help.

:)

Nokel, Jun 19, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

P4-630, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Xbox App Error code 0x80048504?

Hi Andyy,

If you received this error code 0x80048504, there could be an issue with the Xbox live server, your network connection, or with the account itself. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps

Please click this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 2: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe and then hit Enter. 

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

1. xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is... - Similar Threads - xbox app microsoft

2. xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...: Restarting the service or computer does not fix the error, and neither does the troubleshooter when given the option to use it.dism service is also no help....
  3. xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app on microsoft store displays Code: 0x80070422 however windows is up to date and is...: Restarting the service or computer does not fix the error, and neither does the troubleshooter when given the option to use it.dism service is also no help....
  4. Microsoft store error code 0x80070422

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store error code 0x80070422: When I try to update apps in the Microsoft store it says "Error" I click see more and it says "Turn on Windows Update. Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings. Code 0x80070422" I have tried...
  5. Trying to download from the Microsoft store brings up Code: 0x80070422

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to download from the Microsoft store brings up Code: 0x80070422: I've had this problem for a while now but I get given the Error Code: 0x80070422[ATTACH] when going to services and changing it back to automatic/manual it then gets changed back again to disabled. If I try to click Start it gives me [ATTACH] The windows update...
  6. Windows store error Code: 0x80070422

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store error Code: 0x80070422: So it's telling me to turn on windows updates, everything in settings is on. I even went to admin tools -> services -> windows updates IS running and IS on automatic. Tried "Wsreset.exe" over 1,000,000 times. Nothing works. I even tried deleting the windows store and I can't...
  7. Error Code: 0x80070422 Microsoft Store

Error Code: 0x80070422 Microsoft Store: I have a problem with my Microsoft Store when I last reset my PC it keeps saying that Windows Update is disabled on the Microsoft Store and i have tired many fixes on the internet like restarting Windows Update Service and putting it to "Automatic", I've tried "wsreset.exe",...
  8. windows xbox app error code 0x80070422 activate windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows xbox app error code 0x80070422 activate windows update: Been suddenly getting this issue lately when trying to download games on the Xbox Beta app Searched half the web trying to find a fix for this but none of them are working Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of thieves are the only ones that work when I try to download it but with...
  9. Cannot install apps on microsoft store error code: 0x80070422

Cannot install apps on microsoft store error code: 0x80070422: I cannot install any apps on the store and I keep getting the error mentioned in the title. Any idea what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-apps-on-microsoft-store-error-code/7b14365c-5f87-45f5-b6a9-e135723f889f"
  10. Microsoft Store gives the code: 0x80070422

Microsoft Store gives the code: 0x80070422: Hello, I have a problem with Microsoft Store. When i try to download any application it says you need to enable Windows Update, it gives the code: 0x80070422.But the problem is that i have already enabled the Windows Update...