Windows 10: Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games.

Discus and support Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to play some games using the xbox app but whenever I hit play on a game instead of opening the game it opens the gaming services page... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Dota2Xin, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Dota2Xin Win User

Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games.

Hi,

I'm trying to play some games using the xbox app but whenever I hit play on a game instead of opening the game it opens the gaming services page on the Microsoft store, does anybody know how to fix this?

:)

Dota2Xin, Mar 2, 2021

2. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services.

This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts fixed it. I dont want to delete and re-install the game as I've put in a few hours with it.

The game is "Slay the Spire" but I am not sure that's relevant.

shutupandshave, Mar 2, 2021
  4. AaronBe Win User

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Hi there,

I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games (Sea of Theives, Moonlighter) with no issue, but others (such as no mans sky) either do nothing (when trying in microsoft
    app) or Error code 0x00000001 (Xbox store).

Steps I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both stores

2. Reparied and reset both apps from apps settings

3. Uninstalled Xbox app and tried to download from microsoft store

4. Went into services and ensured all xbox services are running

- I have 2 instances of Gaming services. One is running and the other gives error code 31 when trying to start it

5. I have reset gaming services and the app downloader from settings

6. I have restarted my pc many times

7. I have fully updated windows

8. I have peformed a repair install of windows

Nothing works. All other forms and questions I have seen only seem to generate the generic responses of

1. Restart your PC

2. Reset the app

3. Update windows

4. Repair install

I have followed all of these steps and still cannot properly access services. Can you please suggest any other approaches to fixing this error?

Many thanks,

Aaron

AaronBe, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games. - Similar Threads - Xbox App opens

2. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  3. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  4. Xbox app crashes on startup, and cant open game pages on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox app crashes on startup, and cant open game pages on microsoft store: Hello! I've had this problem for 3 days now, when I try to open a games page on the Microsoft Store it crashes, the Xbox app also crashes when I try to launch itHere are the Crash error that i get from Microsoft store crash: Faulting application name: WinStore.App.exe,...
  5. None of my games donwloaded from the microsoft store/xbox app will open!

None of my games donwloaded from the microsoft store/xbox app will open!: Whenever I download a game from the xbox app or the microsoft store, I can play it as usual. But when I try to open it a second time, I get the following error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file". What can I do to resolve this? It is...
  6. None of my games donwloaded from the microsoft store/xbox app will open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my games donwloaded from the microsoft store/xbox app will open!: Whenever I download a game from the xbox app or the microsoft store, I can play it as usual. But when I try to open it a second time, I get the following error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file". What can I do to resolve this? It is...
  7. Apps like Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft Store, etc. will no longer open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps like Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft Store, etc. will no longer open: When I attempted to purge the Windows Store cacheRecently, I have noticed that upon starting my computer, Xbox Game Passor just the Xbox app will no longer open. I can't seem to diagnose the issue, but it seems that it correlates with an abundance of missing files stopping...
  8. games wont open windows 10/microsoft store/xbox app PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games wont open windows 10/microsoft store/xbox app PC: so im trying to use the xbox game pass app to download and play games on PC however the game downloads yet refuses to open. the only game that works is the master chief collection. no other game will open and i dont know what to do or how to fix it...
  9. Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead: I downloades fruity loops studio online and everytime i open the installer the microsoft store opens up instead telling me that i have to buy fruity loops mobile which is not even the one i downloaded from online...
  10. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...