Windows 10: Xbox app party chat issues.

Discus and support Xbox app party chat issues. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For about a month or so, my headset has started to create an echo for my friends and they can hear what I'm playing on my computer. (they can hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Im2UrRight, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Xbox app party chat issues.

For about a month or so, my headset has started to create an echo for my friends and they can hear what I'm playing on my computer. (they can hear themselves talk and music I play over my headphones, not the other way round) We checked other apps like discord and skype and other devices and it doesn't echo or relay any audio over the headset. we figure it must be the app. Any ideas to fix this issue?

:)

Im2UrRight, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 xbox app party chat not working.

Hi Noah,

For us to better isolate this issue, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us if you're using a child account?
    • May I know if you were able to join party chat on another computer while using the same account?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you try using another Xbox account in the Xbox app and check if you will be able to join party chat. This will help us to determine if the issue is within the app or on the account that you're using.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Xbox app crashing when ever I'm in party chat

Hi Tim,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app crashes while you are in a Party chat. It is possible that the app is corrupted or due to certain messages in your inbox. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you delete the Xbox Live messages in your inbox,
    then log out and log in again to your profile to refresh it. It is recommended that you restart the app and try to send messages again via Party chat.

If the issue persists, update the Xbox app manually by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell  in the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 29, 2018
  4. StevenM03 Win User

Xbox app party chat issues.

XBOX ONE APP FOR WIN10 PARTY CHAT ISSUE

Hello,

This is a specific problem with the Xbox One app for Windows 10. I had it connected to an Xbox for a while but now I had the app "forget this xbox" so now it is not linked at all. The main issue is, I am able to join a party chat and I can hear my friends
    but they can't hear me. This is different than some of the posts that are already up there so please don't refer me to them. The difference is, is that I don't have this linked to an Xbox anymore so I can't follow the troubleshooting steps from that other
    post. Party chat worked fine before and stopped working suddenly. It stopped working even while I still had that Xbox associated, and still didn't work after I tried forgetting the Xbox as a possible solution. Again, I can join, and hear my friends no problem,
    but the app can't hear my microphone even though it detects it.

Thanks,

Steve.

StevenM03, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Xbox app party chat issues.

1. Xbox app party chat issues. - Similar Threads - Xbox app party

2. XBox Party Chat on PC Volume Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Party Chat on PC Volume Issue: I am no longer able to hear chat audio from Xbox parties when signed in on my Windows 11 PC. I've tried joining parties both from the game bar and from the Xbox application but I am unable to hear anyone. The rest of the party can hear me. I've checked the volume settings...
  3. XBox Party Chat on PC Volume Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Party Chat on PC Volume Issue: I am no longer able to hear chat audio from Xbox parties when signed in on my Windows 11 PC. I've tried joining parties both from the game bar and from the Xbox application but I am unable to hear anyone. The rest of the party can hear me. I've checked the volume settings...
  4. PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken: I can no longer join party chat with my friends who are on xbox. I can use it fine with other people on pc, but when someone on xbox joins, we can all talk for about 5 seconds, then the whole party chat stops working. I have an open NAT, Teredo seems to be fine, Everything is...
  5. PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken

PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken: I can no longer join party chat with my friends who are on xbox. I can use it fine with other people on pc, but when someone on xbox joins, we can all talk for about 5 seconds, then the whole party chat stops working. I have an open NAT, Teredo seems to be fine, Everything is...
  6. PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Party Chat on Xbox app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Party Chat on Xbox app Windows 10: When i join a party on the xbox app, the other party members hear a loud sound and echo from my mic. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/party-chat-on-xbox-app-windows-10/b9f86d78-b86c-4069-abd8-838c16258b47
  8. Xbox Party Chat

Xbox Party Chat: I've not been able to connect to party chats on the new Xbox App on PC Win 10 since ever, and the Xbox Companion App has stopped working in regards to party chat. I've been using my phone, however that app keeps crashing and I'm not able to use any sort of comms with my team....
  9. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App party chat not working?: Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak into my microphone, I can see...
  10. Buzzing noise in Xbox app party chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing noise in Xbox app party chat: I'm currently using the Xbox app to chat with my friends while playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. However, when I join their party chat, all they can hear from me is a really, REALLY loud buzzing noise. I've tried it with people also using the Xbox app on Windows 10 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic makes loud noise in party