Windows 10: Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip.

Discus and support Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have my Xbox capture settings on my PC set to record 1 minute before (though the issue was the same at 3 minutes) and it will more often than not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EclipseUmbreon, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip.

I have my Xbox capture settings on my PC set to record 1 minute before (though the issue was the same at 3 minutes) and it will more often than not only capture the first frame of a recording, capturing the audio fine. It's not every time and since it's a Wndows 10 app, it gives me very few options to change to do any meaningful troubleshooting myself. It's extremely frustrating as the whole clip will just have to be deleted. Windows Gaming isn't great, but I like it when it actually works.

:)

EclipseUmbreon, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Paul Bab Win User

Capture folder for Xbox App

Hi,

Let's answer the following questions to properly isolate your case:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you made any changes on your Windows 10 computer prior to this concern?

To help resolve your concern with moving the Captures folder to a preferred location on Windows 10, check out this

page
    . Look for the post made by LiquidLearner that has been marked as an answer.

For more information about recording game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10, feel free to visit this

link

Keep us posted.

Paul Bab, Jan 29, 2019
  3. (Xbox for windows Game DVR) Recorded clips no longer appearing in DVR but are in captures file on Windows 10.

Original Title: (Xbox for windows Game DVR) Recorded clips no longer appearing in DVR but are in captures file ??

Hi, as i said in my subject the clips i'm recording are no longer saving onto where i can see them using the xbox DVR app. They are however saving in the place where all previous DVR clips have saved so nothing has changed there (users/owner/videos/captures/.....)
    I just can't see what i could have done to bring about this change in the DVR app, one day all was showing up after recording in the xbox app and the next they're not. I even deleted stuff thinking it could have been a storage issue but apparently not. After
    my game session ends and i close down the game i still get the notifications in Action center telling me that a game clip has been recorded. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Obviously not a huge deal but irritating and mystifying all the same. Thanks

RudeboyARiot, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip.

Windows 10 Xbox App will not let me record Game Clips

Hi Brent,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• How are you trying to record the game clip?
    • Do you have all the required hardware to record the game clip?

Refer to the link below on What hardware do I need to record Xbox game clips on my PC?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-do-i-need-to-record-xbox-game-clips-on-my-pc

Also refer to the link below and check if it helps.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/recording-problems-with-gamedvr

If the issue persist, I suggest you post your query in the link given below:

Xbox forum: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Get back to us if you face any issues related to the Windows, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip.

1. Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip. - Similar Threads - Xbox App Recordings

2. recording the screen using Xbox capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    recording the screen using Xbox capture: I was recording the screen using Xbox capture on windows 10. However the screen went blank sleep mode, I could still hear the activity on the screen. I moved the mouse and then realized that the recording had stopped but when I went to the captures folder, it was not there....
  3. Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips: When I start recording an important video on the internet so I don't have to go online again to see it once again the video isn't being recorded; instead a black screen is being recorded not the video, although the sound of the video is being played and the surroundings of...
  4. Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?: so in the past when i clipped the last minute it would record my own voice too but right now when i try to clip it doesnt record the mic even if i was talking and even when the mic was turned on, any help to get it to record my mic when clipping? submitted by...
  5. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  6. Xbox game bar not recording clips on pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar not recording clips on pc: When I try to record a clip it records the audio but instead of recording the video is has a still image, any idea why? This started happening a couple weeks ago. submitted by /u/DarkReverseFlash [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder: So I played PUBG and record it using Xbox Game Bar for almost 2 hours then when I'm finished I pressed Win+Alt+R to stop recording and the I close the game. When I open Captures folder, there is no new recording in there, only the old one. Windows 10 Home Insider Preview...
  8. Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen: I recently built my pc and I play fortnite on it. I started to capture things using the WIN+ALT+G short-key and everything captured fine. Until one day i captured something and it was frozen but i could still hear the audio. I thought it was a one time thing so i ignored it....
  9. Xbox Game Bar only records 15 second game clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar only records 15 second game clips: When I record a game clip using xbox game bar, it only records 15 seconds and not 30 despite having it set to record 30 seconds, this happens when I use the Windows key + Alt + G shortcut, or when I manually open game bar and hit record game clip. Anyone got any idea how to...
  10. Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.: More than a few times, i have recorded over 3 hours worth of game-play, and when i go to check what i got in the capture folder, it's literally empty, but if i record a 4 second clip just to test it out, it's there. Furthermore, game bar will stop working properly if the...