Windows 10: Xbox App Refuses to Install

Discus and support Xbox App Refuses to Install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So what happens is the app just freezes whenever I click "install" and I have to use task manager to force quit the app. Anybody else have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by utahraptor24, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Xbox App Refuses to Install

So what happens is the app just freezes whenever I click "install" and I have to use task manager to force quit the app. Anybody else have this problem, and how to fix it? I really want to be able to make use of my gamepass.

:)

utahraptor24, Jan 22, 2021
  2. noneyobiz Win User

Xbox App refusing to detect/connect to console since Jan 27 update

As the subject states. Prior to 2017 January 27, connection between the XBox App and Xbox One was spotty, but it worked. Since the update the app refuses to detect or connect to the XBox One, even when manually entering the console's IP address. The XBox
    App is the ONLY piece of hardware or software in the house that cannot detect the console.

I have done every single step of every support page for the XBOX App, as well as alternative "solutions" suggested in the forums (network, security, permissions, complete re-installations and updates of both computer system & drivers and the console, hardwire
    & wireless, etc).

DO NOT RESPOND WITH INFORMATION FROM THE SUPPORT PAGES. I HAVE ALREADY EXHAUSTED THEM SEVEN TIMES AND THEY DO NOT WORK.

noneyobiz, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox App Refuses to Install [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Xbox App Refuses to Install

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Xbox App Refuses to Install

1. Xbox App Refuses to Install - Similar Threads - Xbox App Refuses

2. Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store: The app was showing an update available but attempting to download it does nothing. Tried running sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Now running the following commands but stuck at 62.3% 3rd one in below list...Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealthDism.exe /online...
  3. Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store: The app was showing an update available but attempting to download it does nothing. Tried running sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Now running the following commands but stuck at 62.3% 3rd one in below list...Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealthDism.exe /online...
  4. Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:: Hello, I am cross posting this because I am about to rip my hair out of my bald head from this problem. I feel as if the next step is to just do a full fresh re-install of Windows at this point because I am out of options. THE PROBLEM: - When I attempt to install a new game...
  5. Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:

Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:: Hello, I am cross posting this because I am about to rip my hair out of my bald head from this problem. I feel as if the next step is to just do a full fresh re-install of Windows at this point because I am out of options. THE PROBLEM: - When I attempt to install a new game...
  6. xbox app refuses to boot up games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app refuses to boot up games: me spend 10 dollars on game pass, me not able to play games :. I bought gamepass and obv would like to be able to play games, at first it worked with one or two games but i have an issue where booting up a game results in either an error msg from easy anticheat, or the loader...
  7. xbox app refuses to boot up games

xbox app refuses to boot up games: me spend 10 dollars on game pass, me not able to play games :. I bought gamepass and obv would like to be able to play games, at first it worked with one or two games but i have an issue where booting up a game results in either an error msg from easy anticheat, or the loader...
  8. Xbox App Refuses to Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App Refuses to Install: I bought the XBOX ultimate pass with the expectation that I would be able to play Sea of Thieves with my friends. However, I need the XBOX app, and it will not, under any circumstance, install. I can download the SOT app, as well as all other apps on the store with no...
  9. Xbox app not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app not installing: I have been with customer support chat for the past hour or so trying to find a way for the Xbox app to download. I have a Surface Pro X the system type is 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor. Is this the reason for the app not being able to download? If so, is there...
  10. Microsoft Store refuses to install app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store refuses to install app: This may be related to things I did to try and clean up previous failed installations, but now the Microsoft Store won't attempt to install an app I own. Whenever I click the install button, I get a prompt to choose a drive to install to, I select the drive C: in this case...