Windows 10: Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?

Discus and support Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/John_CL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjdknx/xbox_app_using_8gb_of_ram_is_this_normal/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/John_CL, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?

/u/John_CL, Oct 27, 2020
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Xbox app close itself on windows 10

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for performing all the troubleshooting steps that have been provided on this thread. It seems that the issue with your computer as you tried it on your laptop everything works fine. To further isolate this concern, we
    suggest that you uninstall the current Xbox app on your computer. Then, install the Xbox app Beta if you have an option to download the Xbox app Beta. After that, restart your computer to normal startup to reset your apps and disable unnecessary apps running
    in the background while using the computer. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click
      OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

We'll be waiting for your update, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Darksaber Win User

Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?

Xbox 360 cracked

Even though the hack is very complex, and should not be done by you and me, but the crack will let you play back-ups of your Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 games, and will boot all normal xbox games, yes all, not just the onces on the compatibilty list. So we are one step closer.

Source: TheINQ

Darksaber, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?

1. Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal? - Similar Threads - Xbox app using

2. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: ive had my laptop for about a year now played only minecraft all of a sudden i keep running out of ram whatever tf i do im idle at 60% usage right as i restart my computer im pissed i tried everything background process that consume most are windows defender got virtual...
  3. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  4. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  5. Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle: Even after a fresh reinstall windows 10 is using between 7-8GB just idling without any extra applications installed. It doesn't really affect performance, but it's just annoying when many other people only have it using 3-4GB idle. What can be done to stop it from using so...
  6. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

8gb ram can only be used for 4?: Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help Hab 4x2GB from Samsung 8gb ram kann aber nur 4nutzen?
  7. Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?

Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?: HOW DO I STOP IT?! This is after a fresh install! It's lagging! Okay, so Android Studio was using 44%, but that is to be expected. Why is Windows allowing itself to use so much RAM that it starts lagging?! This was not a problem before the fresh install. Chrome was using...
  8. New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle

New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle: I just bought a new laptop it has total 8gbs of ram but it uses at least 3,5 gb when i open it. And after some using it at least uses 4gb on idle.I tried the first video that you see when you google this problem. There are 2 methods you open regedit and turn a value that's 2...
  9. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: i got a new laptop and the ram usage at idle is 60% with 8gb of ram in games like rust they ram is running 90% and only using 4gb for rust this makes the game unplayable i would like to know if i will just have to buy more ram or a can clear up some space. below are my ram...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075