Windows 10: Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar

Discus and support Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remove the Xbox app off of the Taskbar, yet every time I restart my computer, it shows back up. It’s an incredible nuisance. I don’t want to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rob Lowers, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar

I remove the Xbox app off of the Taskbar, yet every time I restart my computer, it shows back up. It’s an incredible nuisance. I don’t want to delete it. I just don’t need it cluttering my taskbar.

:)

Rob Lowers, Nov 18, 2020
  2. ITshadow Win User

ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, Nov 18, 2020
  3. xbox app

Hi Sebastian,

If the Xbox app is not showing in your Windows 10 taskbar, it may because you haven't set up the app to show in the taskbar. To pin the app to the taskbar, kindly perform the following steps:

• Click Start.
    • Select All apps.
    • Scroll to the bottom part until you find Xbox.

Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar f3501a4a-65ac-44fd-9ca1-b2b852133b20.png
    • Right-click the Xbox app then select Pin to Start.
    • The Xbox app tile will show up. Right-click the Xbox app tile, click
      More
      , and then select Pin to taskbar.
      Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar 848af861-5ae3-4ea8-b45b-a5a0fb1aac10.png

The Xbox app should appear in the taskbar.

Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar e5a65e92-dad7-4c05-aa1c-ddc72ba2ab42.png

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above. We'd be glad to further help you.

Catherine Cus., Nov 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar

1. Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar - Similar Threads - Xbox app stay

2. UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar: I don't remember the last time it showed up asking if I want to give permission to an app without me having to click the icon on my taskbar first. For instance, every time I go to install an nvidia driver, it doesn't even begin until I remember to click the UAC shield icon...
  3. UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar: I don't remember the last time it showed up asking if I want to give permission to an app without me having to click the icon on my taskbar first. For instance, every time I go to install an nvidia driver, it doesn't even begin until I remember to click the UAC shield icon...
  4. Windows 11 Turn off Taskbar staying open when an app turns orange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Turn off Taskbar staying open when an app turns orange.: Pretty much as the title says, whenever an app turns orange such as on boot or when an update finishes or a message is received the app will turn orange and the task bar will not hide until I click on it.I'd like the task bar to hide as normal even with these orange apps....
  5. Windows 11 Turn off Taskbar staying open when an app turns orange.

Windows 11 Turn off Taskbar staying open when an app turns orange.: Pretty much as the title says, whenever an app turns orange such as on boot or when an update finishes or a message is received the app will turn orange and the task bar will not hide until I click on it.I'd like the task bar to hide as normal even with these orange apps....
  6. Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar: I am having an issue whereby the last few apps I installed in my laptop don't stay pinned to the taskbar anymore. The worst offender is the Windows 10 Twitter app. The others I can live without always being pinned there, but I use Twitter a lot. Basically I pin it to the...
  7. Xbox app unpins itself from taskbar.

Xbox app unpins itself from taskbar.: I've had Xbox gamepass for PC for several months and I've noticed that whenever there is an update to the app, the app unpins itself from my taskbar, and I have to repin it. Why does this happen? Is this a feature and not a bug? If so, please reconsider....
  8. taskbar not staying locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar not staying locked.: I have the Lock the taskbar and hide the taskbar checked. Many times when I wake my Windows 10 laptop from sleep. the taskbar is double or even sometimes triple the height it should be. I Need to unlock the taskbar, drag it down to the one icon tall size, and Lock the Taskbar...
  9. The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!: HELP!?? NO forum question on this I can find, so here goes.... I have recently acquired a third monitor for editing AND gaming. I run 3 28" monitors in 7680x1440 using Nvidia Control Panel. Home Build System in huge full tower. Running ASUS DUAL RTX-2070 GPU ASUS...
  10. WIN 10 background apps not staying off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN 10 background apps not staying off: I go to the Security>Background apps page and there is an on/off switch to "let apps run in background". I turn the switch to OFF. When I reboot, the switch is ON. How do I keep it off?...