Windows 10: Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties

Discus and support Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past couple months the Xbox Apps have been acting up. The Xbox App, regular and beta versions, along with the Windows game bar won’t allow me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Versa22, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties

For the past couple months the Xbox Apps have been acting up. The Xbox App, regular and beta versions, along with the Windows game bar won’t allow me to join or create parties. Every time I try clicking on join a party I get a constant spinning wheel, then, nothing, reverts back to the original screen. When I attempt to create my own party the button will become greyed out and won’t work. Need help on how to solve this.

Things I’ve tried so far:

• uninstalling all apps and reinstalling
    • checking all settings so that all privileges are allowed
    • logging in and out of my Microsoft account
    submitted by /u/Versa22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Versa22, Oct 29, 2019

2. 0x80010108 Error When Joining Parties on Xbox App (Windows 10)

Hi,

The error code 0x80010108 may occur due to several reasons. It can possibly be due to an incorrect network configuration or an outdated Xbox App. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription?
    • Is your computer connected via a wired or a wireless network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check the NAT type on the Xbox App by following the steps below:

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Make sure that the Xbox Live Service Status is up and running before joining the Xbox Live parties again. To check, you may visit this

link

Loraine Mon, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Westi651 Win User
    Joining Xbox Live Parties Via Xbox App.

Hey Cody,

If your friend has already started the party it should show up on your friends list and you are able to click join. If not, you can also click on the party tab in the Xbox app and start your own party, and he will be able to join that.

I've added a screenshot of the party tab below:

Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties e51c5eee-2c31-4e42-8a5d-ce9da60e3aa0.png

Westi651, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties

Xbox one app crashing after trying to join party

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

Please follow the below procedure to join a friend’s party.

Method 1: Join a party that your friends are already in

• To return to the Home screen, press the Xbox button, or say "Xbox, go home."

• Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

• Under Friends, select the friend you want to party with.

• On that friend's gamercard, select Join
      party.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, run App troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 2: Windows App Trouble Shooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties

1. Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties - Similar Threads - Xbox App won’t

2. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-join-a-party-on-xbox-app-on-windows/7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  3. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-join-a-party-on-xbox-app-on-windows/7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  4. Xbox game bar crashing upon joining a party, and not allowing me to connect in a party I made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar crashing upon joining a party, and not allowing me to connect in a party I made: I just started having this issue today where every time I join someone else's party, after a few seconds of waiting for it to fully connect, it crashes and closes, and when I create a party, it says that there was an error, without an actual error code.I've tried updating...
  5. Xbox game bar crashing upon joining a party, and not allowing me to connect in a party I made

Xbox game bar crashing upon joining a party, and not allowing me to connect in a party I made: I just started having this issue today where every time I join someone else's party, after a few seconds of waiting for it to fully connect, it crashes and closes, and when I create a party, it says that there was an error, without an actual error code.I've tried updating...
  6. Can't join parties on xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join parties on xbox app: Recently bought a PC and when i open the xbox app everything seems fine, but then when i go to join a party it says that i need to update my app but then doesnt give me the option to update....
  7. My Xbox Gamebar, Companion App, and Xbox App all fail to let me join a party that my...

My Xbox Gamebar, Companion App, and Xbox App all fail to let me join a party that my...: For about a year whenever I try to join a party it gives me a message saying to try again later. However, trying again later never works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps multiple times to no success. I don't know what to do....
  8. I can't join or start a party on the Xbox app, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't join or start a party on the Xbox app, any help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TSteinz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifa4os/i_cant_join_or_start_a_party_on_the_xbox_app_any/
  9. Xbox App will not allow me to connect to parties.

Xbox App will not allow me to connect to parties.: Every time I click “Join Party” or “Start a party” it does respond at all. It just sits on a loading circle then crashes or resets back to normal. Then for the Xbox game hotbar, it’s the same thing. I can’t create a voice chat or join a party. Any help? submitted by...
  10. Cannot join parties on the Xbox One app

Cannot join parties on the Xbox One app: Whenever I try to join a party on the Xbox One app, It will begin to load as if I was joining, but then does not connect. There are no error codes or anything. I've never had trouble connecting in the past but I'm currently on a new internet network so I was wondering if that...