Windows 10: Xbox app wont install certain games

Discus and support Xbox app wont install certain games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ive ran into issues with the microsoft store and xbox app not letting me download certain games, i recently tried to install alien isolation and it got... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by The Small Bagel, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Xbox app wont install certain games

Ive ran into issues with the microsoft store and xbox app not letting me download certain games, i recently tried to install alien isolation and it got to 38.9 MB and stopped downloading at 0B/s it isnt my internet as steam lets me download any game freely. This only happens on certain games and on others it installs with no problems. Ive tried the DISM.exe and the sfc scan commands and nothing has fixed it so far.

:)

The Small Bagel, Mar 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 Games wont login to Xbox

Hi Jay,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned on the below help article and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 28, 2021
  4. AaronBe Win User

Xbox app wont install certain games

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Hi there,

I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games (Sea of Theives, Moonlighter) with no issue, but others (such as no mans sky) either do nothing (when trying in microsoft
    app) or Error code 0x00000001 (Xbox store).

Steps I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both stores

2. Reparied and reset both apps from apps settings

3. Uninstalled Xbox app and tried to download from microsoft store

4. Went into services and ensured all xbox services are running

- I have 2 instances of Gaming services. One is running and the other gives error code 31 when trying to start it

5. I have reset gaming services and the app downloader from settings

6. I have restarted my pc many times

7. I have fully updated windows

8. I have peformed a repair install of windows

Nothing works. All other forms and questions I have seen only seem to generate the generic responses of

1. Restart your PC

2. Reset the app

3. Update windows

4. Repair install

I have followed all of these steps and still cannot properly access services. Can you please suggest any other approaches to fixing this error?

Many thanks,

Aaron

AaronBe, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Xbox app wont install certain games

1. Xbox app wont install certain games - Similar Threads - Xbox app wont

2. Xbox App gets stuck launching and Xbox Games wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App gets stuck launching and Xbox Games wont open: I've been trying to get my Xbox app to launch so I can play a game with a friend we both have Game Pass right now, theirs is working mine is not so I know the servers aren't down or anything we also use the same internet as they live with me so I know my internet is also...
  3. Why wont xbox app install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont xbox app install?: -Error Code: 0x8024402c-OS: Windows 10 not sure which version, i just know its the latest one-Tried Already: Resetting Proxy "Repairing Windows Store" Restarting My PC obviously Logging into and out of windows store Deleting Windows Store using powershell and now i cannot...
  4. Why wont xbox app install?

Why wont xbox app install?: -Error Code: 0x8024402c-OS: Windows 10 not sure which version, i just know its the latest one-Tried Already: Resetting Proxy "Repairing Windows Store" Restarting My PC obviously Logging into and out of windows store Deleting Windows Store using powershell and now i cannot...
  5. XBOX app wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX app wont install: i tried to reset the xbox app in the settings since it was lagging, but then i could open it or uninstall it. i tried to install it from the microsoft store but i cant either. And it appears like that on the search bar....
  6. XBOX app wont install

XBOX app wont install: i tried to reset the xbox app in the settings since it was lagging, but then i could open it or uninstall it. i tried to install it from the microsoft store but i cant either. And it appears like that on the search bar....
  7. Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?: I got gamepass and its given me nothing but headaches, Games get stuck downloading and uninstalling, vanishing onto my drives with no way of deleting them.I try to uninstall a game after no luck of it launching Control and it just stays stuck on UNINSTALLING.Now ive lost 60...
  8. Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store: Trying to uninstall Master Chief Collection for example. In the Xbox App i get 0x87e00017. In the Microsoft Store i get the same 0x87E00017. I used the following powershell command as well. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Chelan Remove-AppxPackage Results: [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store: Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error...
  10. Xbox app Beta wont install

Xbox app Beta wont install: I downloaded the Xbox app from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10 and as soon as I start the installer it gets stuck on "making things awesome". The reason I wanted to download the app is because my windows store doesnt let me download anything whatsoever...