Windows 10: Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

Discus and support Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Keep on getting this even though I do have internet, I tried updating on microsoft store but I get Error code 0x80072F8F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve Jake, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

Keep on getting this even though I do have internet, I tried updating on microsoft store but I get Error code 0x80072F8F

:)

Steve Jake, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

Unable to Connect the Xbox One in the Xbox App

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
    The Xbox App is great for gaming, and connecting to friends. Whether your a hard core gamer or your average gamer. It is still fun to use!

There are many things the Xbox App can be used for, even to connect up to your Xbox One to stream the content from the Xbox to the Xbox App. However, there are times when the App does not work as expected to, which in tern can leave you raging. This article
    will, hopefully, help you with sorting out problems using the App to connect to the Xbox One console and streaming.

Details

Not able to see the Connect option on the Xbox App

For those of you who are unable to see the connect option when using your Xbox app on Windows 10 (Or not able to connect your Xbox to the app), then you could be running an old version of the Xbox App and it will need to be updated. To check to see if your
    Xbox App needs to be updated, please look at this article below, for more information:

Xbox Support

To update your Xbox app on your Windows device, you can follow these instructions:

1. You will need to first launch the Marketplace App on your device.
    2. Once you in the app, please search for “Xbox”
    3. Click onto the Xbox app, that will be displayed in the search results – This should also be noted as “Installed”.
    4. Once you have clicked onto the App, then it should install the update for the App on your device.
    5. Once it has updated, you can navigate back to your app and launch it where you should then see the connect option.
    Not able to connect my Xbox One to the Xbox App

You can try a power cycle on the console (holding the power button for 10 seconds), which will turn off your Xbox One. Once the Xbox One is turned off, turn it back on and see if your Xbox One will connect to your Windows 10 device.

Please take a look at the following link for troubleshooting steps on how to resolve problems about the Xbox App game streaming.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/gaming-on-windows/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming

I hope this article does help you with connecting to the Xbox App. If you would like to suggest changes, please use the suggest edits option on the bottom of the article. If you would like help with the Xbox App, then please use the Ask the community link
    on the right hand side of the article.

Nathan Roberts (SN), Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

1. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply... - Similar Threads - Xbox App Won't

2. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "the windows operating system must be updated"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "the windows operating system must be updated": The Xbox App window opens and it just says ="the windows operating system must be updatedif you want to use this app, please get the latest version of Windows first."...
  3. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "the windows operating system must be updated"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "the windows operating system must be updated": The Xbox App window opens and it just says ="the windows operating system must be updatedif you want to use this app, please get the latest version of Windows first."...
  4. XBOX APP - Error code 0x803fb005 OR Xbox needs an update... Windows 11

XBOX APP - Error code 0x803fb005 OR Xbox needs an update... Windows 11: I can not get the xbox app to work.If i attempt to use the various troubleshooting methods of uninstalling Xbox App, using PowerShell commands, etc. Then I try to re-install I get XBOX APP - Error code 0x803fb005 If i attempt to perform a FRESH install of Windows, NOTHING...
  5. Xbox App Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Won't Update: I downloaded the Xbox app on a new computer I just bought. It needed an update and that's been going on for about 6 hours uninterrupted. I reset the computer, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app again, I reset Windows store, I re-registered all store apps. After...
  6. Xbox App Won't Update

Xbox App Won't Update: I downloaded the Xbox app on a new computer I just bought. It needed an update and that's been going on for about 6 hours uninterrupted. I reset the computer, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app again, I reset Windows store, I re-registered all store apps. After...
  7. xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ...": it's weird problem. i have re-installed twice the windows 11 on my fresh PC and this is happening... tried with 22H2 then 23H2 same issue appears... windows is up-to-date and microsoft store apps also......
  8. xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ...": it's weird problem. i have re-installed twice the windows 11 on my fresh PC and this is happening... tried with 22H2 then 23H2 same issue appears... windows is up-to-date and microsoft store apps also......
  9. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...: Keep on getting this even though I do have internet, I tried updating on microsoft store but I get Error code 0x80072F8F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-wont-open-on-windows-11-saying-xbox-needs/3b26fff1-0542-4a30-8ec6-78f955a46d42
  10. Xbox App won't open on Windows 10

Xbox App won't open on Windows 10: I'm currently unable to open the windows 10 app. I've reinstalled multiple times and followed a number of guides, including one here involving starting Xbox services and switching them to automatic. Nothing has made a difference.When I click to open the app it shows the...