Windows 10: xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

Discus and support xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it's weird problem. i have re-installed twice the windows 11 on my fresh PC and this is happening... tried with 22H2 then 23H2 same issue appears...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emrah Mehmedov Xbox, Nov 30, 2023.

1. xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

it's weird problem. i have re-installed twice the windows 11 on my fresh PC and this is happening... tried with 22H2 then 23H2 same issue appears... windows is up-to-date and microsoft store apps also...

:)

Emrah Mehmedov Xbox, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..." tipsmall.png
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..." tipsmall.png
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Nov 30, 2023
  4. xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

Xbox and OneDrive won´t log in sometimes

For some reason my one computer won´t log on to the Xbox app and OneDrive. My other computer on the other hand works perfectly fine. I can´t seem to find to reason and even tried with a factory reset and still the same issue. Help? xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..." :)

I´ve allready tried deactivating the firewall and even rebooting the computer xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..." ;)

Tom Högstedt, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

1. xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..." - Similar Threads - xbox app won't

2. Xbox App Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Won't Update: I downloaded the Xbox app on a new computer I just bought. It needed an update and that's been going on for about 6 hours uninterrupted. I reset the computer, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app again, I reset Windows store, I re-registered all store apps. After...
  3. Xbox App Won't Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Won't Update: I downloaded the Xbox app on a new computer I just bought. It needed an update and that's been going on for about 6 hours uninterrupted. I reset the computer, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app again, I reset Windows store, I re-registered all store apps. After...
  4. xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app won't open saying "xbox needs an update ...": it's weird problem. i have re-installed twice the windows 11 on my fresh PC and this is happening... tried with 22H2 then 23H2 same issue appears... windows is up-to-date and microsoft store apps also......
  5. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...: Keep on getting this even though I do have internet, I tried updating on microsoft store but I get Error code 0x80072F8F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-wont-open-on-windows-11-saying-xbox-needs/3b26fff1-0542-4a30-8ec6-78f955a46d42
  6. Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...

Xbox App Won't open on windows 11 saying "Xbox needs an update, but we're unable to apply...: Keep on getting this even though I do have internet, I tried updating on microsoft store but I get Error code 0x80072F8F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-wont-open-on-windows-11-saying-xbox-needs/3b26fff1-0542-4a30-8ec6-78f955a46d42
  7. Xbox App not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not opening: Hi everyone.Recently, after fixing an issue with my PC I cannot seem to open the xbox app, seeing as I have game pass among other things I cannot use it as a result, and some games that use the microsoft store dont recognise my login details since they link to the app. I...
  8. Xbox App not opening

Xbox App not opening: Hi everyone.Recently, after fixing an issue with my PC I cannot seem to open the xbox app, seeing as I have game pass among other things I cannot use it as a result, and some games that use the microsoft store dont recognise my login details since they link to the app. I...
  9. Xbox App won't open on Windows 10

Xbox App won't open on Windows 10: I'm currently unable to open the windows 10 app. I've reinstalled multiple times and followed a number of guides, including one here involving starting Xbox services and switching them to automatic. Nothing has made a difference.When I click to open the app it shows the...
  10. Xbox Game App games won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game App games won't open: so i was gonna play some MSFS but for some reason it wont launch on the xbox app and i tried to open it through the search bar and everytime it opens it leads me to the microsoft store and makes me install gaming services but i have installed it and i already uninstalled it...