Windows 10: Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place

Discus and support Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, So the way the Xbox app installs games is nothing short of stupidly backwards in any case - but this problem is really infuriating. The Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenjaminRice1, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place

Hello,

So the way the Xbox app installs games is nothing short of stupidly backwards in any case - but this problem is really infuriating.

The Xbox app will continuously install games to my C: drive boot drive. Well, that would be fine I guess, if I was allowed to move them.

Trouble is, I can't. Every time I go to move the apps in settings, I get error code 0x80073d0b. So they won't move.

So I enter the command prompt, format my D: drive, and try again. What does it do? Create the WindowsApps path in the disk, and then says the same error code.

So I go back into settings>storage, and I change the installation path to my D: drive. Cool: so I whack a load of games on to download.

What does the Xbox app do? It continues trying to install them onto my lacking in spaceC: drive. Even with the D: drive specified for app installs.

Any help with this? It's infuriating made even more so by the fact I can't just enter the windowsapps folder and move the files myself.

Thank you.

:)

BenjaminRice1, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Aug 30, 2020
  3. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place

Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place

1. Xbox Apps Installing in Wrong Place - Similar Threads - Xbox Apps Installing

2. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dlls placed in wrong folder: i was opening an app when i got 0xc00000007b so i so i looked on yotube and found like dlls in a downloads and i put these dlls in system 32 and syswow64 and then i tried to open epic games and i get this error...
  3. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dlls placed in wrong folder: i was opening an app when i got 0xc00000007b so i so i looked on yotube and found like dlls in a downloads and i put these dlls in system 32 and syswow64 and then i tried to open epic games and i get this error...
  4. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Xbox App Opening Wrong Game

Xbox App Opening Wrong Game: I downloaded the Xbox App to play with my friends on PC. However when I try to open up an invite from a friend who is playing Sea of Thieves, it opens up Forza Horizon 4 instead. It asked me before about which program the invite should open up, but now i can't fix it. I can't...
  6. Xbox app not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app not installing: I have been with customer support chat for the past hour or so trying to find a way for the Xbox app to download. I have a Surface Pro X the system type is 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor. Is this the reason for the app not being able to download? If so, is there...
  7. New Xbox, no place to put

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Xbox, no place to put: So i got a new xbox, and i couldn't connect it to the tv because i would need to take down the TV. So i tried connecting to my computer, and nothing came up. Is there a way i can use with my computer?...
  8. wrongly installed alexa app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrongly installed alexa app: Hi , How do I get rid of this alexa thing on my laptop , tried uninstall but it is still there although it is not showing in listing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrongly-installed-alexa-app/ff00d7a2-4bcd-4cdc-a1f1-8ad1cc49667a"
  9. Default apps reset, Windows looking for data in the wrong place

Default apps reset, Windows looking for data in the wrong place: Hi everyone, 6 days ago, I installed a sizeable update ( version 1709). Afterwards, Windows didn't know what programs to use for many files, including any pictures or archives. I use Picasa & WinRar respectively, and I had to find their .exe and set them as default again....
  10. can't delete files in the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    can't delete files in the wrong place: two files have appeared inside my lifelock program and i can't delete them. other ways to delete than using the delete button? ETA: sorry. the program is folderlock. 68303