Windows 10: Xbox (Beta) App black flickering window

Discus and support Xbox (Beta) App black flickering window in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, Let me preface this by saying that both Windows 10 itself and all the drivers (especially the GPU) are at the very latest versions and updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kad3t, Apr 4, 2020.

1. /u/kad3t Win User

Xbox (Beta) App black flickering window

Hey,

Let me preface this by saying that both Windows 10 itself and all the drivers (especially the GPU) are at the very latest versions and updated daily whenever possible. Now, let's get to the heart of this thing...

I've been having a very strange and extremely annoying issue last couple of weeks (give or take) with an Xbox (beta) app for the Game Pass Ultimate. Basically whenever I run the app the pop up shows up - the one that's usually green with white Xbox logo but it's completely black and then the app window does and it's totally blacked-out too. When I grab any corner of the window and try to resize it continuously the app contents show up for fractions of a second as I resize the window but never persist for any longer. I can also click on items within the window and run games from it given that I hit the right spot in it. Clearly it's not usable on day to day basis as I cannot add new game pass or store games using it. Odd thing is that when I move my cursor towards the top bar of that window when it's not maximized as if I would want to resize it, the top seems to raise and lower itself by a pixel or two constantly as if it was changing its size all the time and never sticking to one. I am logged in with my M$ account to Windows and all apps within it, this one included. In fact, when I'm doing the whole resizing bit to see the contents of it I can see my account icon and credentials there.

Now, what I tried was repairing, resetting and finally uninstalling (restarting the PC) and reinstalling again. I've done it to the app and to Xbox identity provider app too as I've read somewhere that it might help. It didn't. To make myself clear all games and every single other app on that PC works perfectly fine and there are no issues with anything whatsoever. It's just this one app. I've reinstalled the GPU drivers clean as well, just to be sure but it did not made any difference. I've pretty much tried everything other than resetting the whole PC back to its original state but I would like to avoid that if possible as there are about 200+ games currently installed on it between multiple game launchers and I wouldn't like to spend a weekend reinstalling all of them. Yes, I know it's a lot and most likely an overkill but the World is going crazy now and if one day our Internet access would go off, I'd like to have a little base of games to play. So, it's 200+ games installed just in case.

Anyway, here are my specs:
    Windows 10 Pro 1909, build 18363.752
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
    MSI Duke 8GB OC nVidia RTX 2080 (driver version 445.75)
    Trident Z RGB 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM
    One m3 nvme SSD, one sata SSD and one HDD drive.

I'm lost with this issue... Well, my World is not going to fall aparat because of it but I would've really love to be able to use the app especially that I have prepaid the Game Pass Ultimate many months in advance. And I would be very happy if something, anything could be done to fix this issue other than resetting the whole PC to it's original state. Oh, and the app is running perfectly fine on my laptop (second PC) with Windows at the same version (totally different specs though so obviously it's not a factor and I don't even really know why I'm mentioning it here but here it is anyway).

Does any of you good redditors have any idea what else/more could be done to fix it?

submitted by /u/kad3t
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kad3t, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New features arrive in the Xbox Beta app

Source:
    New features arrive in the Xbox Beta app | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox (Beta) App black flickering window - Similar Threads - Xbox Beta App

2. Xbox Beta App PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Beta App PC: After turning on my PC today the Xbox Beta App will not auto-sign in like normal, and when I click on the sign in button nothing happens. I have requested a call from Microsoft twice now and I was hung up on both times. Does anyone know how to fix the Xbox Beta App issue?...
  3. Xbox app Beta wont install

Xbox app Beta wont install: I downloaded the Xbox app from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10 and as soon as I start the installer it gets stuck on "making things awesome". The reason I wanted to download the app is because my windows store doesnt let me download anything whatsoever...
  4. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox beta app: My app won't let me sign in. It just acts like I didn't click anything. I've search the web and Uninstalled,reinstalled several times. Everything is up to date. I've seen several people report this problem but I've yet to find a solution. submitted by /u/rpgeeez [link]...
  5. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  6. Xbox beta app

Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  7. Windows Store & Xbox App beta are broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store & Xbox App beta are broken: Hi. I am having an infuriating issue with these two windows apps. At first i noticed that windows store wasn't installing anything a few days ago, however i ignored as it wasn't apps i was interested in. I then noticed today that the Xbox App wouldn't update any games. So...
  8. xbox beta app

xbox beta app: Hello, I recently got a xbox game pass for pc and everytime i install it and try to download sea of thieves i get a blue screen with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. All my drivers are updated, windows is updated, there are no memory issues, and i use windows defender for...
  9. Windows game bar and Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows game bar and Xbox beta app: After I reinstated the payment for game pass ultimate my game bar and app no longer let me access the sign in screen. I have tried resetting and repairing the game bar and app but nothing has worked. I use the game bar quite often and now I can't talk to my friends who play...
  10. Xbox Beta App (Regular Store)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Beta App (Regular Store): I started downloading Recore on the xbox beta app but got stuck at about 5MBs after the installation started. I stopped that and cancelled. Started doing the same from the Microsoft store app and it started downloading from the stoppage point of 5MB and it hasn't moved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app flickering

2. xbox pc app flickering sign in