Windows 10: Xbox (Beta) App not allowing me to play or install games?

Discus and support Xbox (Beta) App not allowing me to play or install games? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, Today when I tried to load up the Xbox (Beta) app on my PC the only game showing was Rise of Nations: Extended Edition? However before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RockSora2, Aug 22, 2019.

1. RockSora2 Win User

Xbox (Beta) App not allowing me to play or install games?

Hi there,

Today when I tried to load up the Xbox (Beta) app on my PC the only game showing was Rise of Nations: Extended Edition? However before today I have also installed/played: Undertale, My Time At Portia, FM2019, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, The Outer Worlds (pre-install) and Surviving Mars; all of which were as of the other day still installed on my PC and downloaded in the app.

As well as this, whenever I try to select any game in the app/game pass section of the app, regardless of prior installation or not, the app tells me to restart, restarting doing nothing. I have uninstalled the app via Programs and Features, but as of typing this all of the games are still installed according to my Programs and Features list.

Essentially, what do I need to do to fix this? I would rather not refund my game pass/gold membership, however if the app fails to work for me then I see no other alternative until it can be fixed.

Many thanks!

:)

RockSora2, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

The Xbox Beta App on Windows 10 Gets an Update

Source: The Xbox Beta App on Windows 10 Gets an Update | Windows Experience Blog

See also: Xbox App on Windows 10

Brink, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox (Beta) App not allowing me to play or install games? - Similar Threads - Xbox Beta App

2. Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...: I've been able to effortlessly install games prior to this issue. It started when I tried to install "High On Life." Once I started installing this game it told me that is was preparing, it told me the same thing 30 minutes later. I then closed the app and went to try again....
  3. Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...: I've been able to effortlessly install games prior to this issue. It started when I tried to install "High On Life." Once I started installing this game it told me that is was preparing, it told me the same thing 30 minutes later. I then closed the app and went to try again....
  4. XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  5. XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.

XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  6. Xbox app Beta wont install

Xbox app Beta wont install: I downloaded the Xbox app from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10 and as soon as I start the installer it gets stuck on "making things awesome". The reason I wanted to download the app is because my windows store doesnt let me download anything whatsoever...
  7. Sharing locally installed games on xbox beta app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing locally installed games on xbox beta app?: Alright so I just got a new computer and have run into a bit of an issue. My wife and I both share her xbox game pass account. I have logged into the Microsoft store with her microsoft account in order to use game pass on my account. No problem. But, the games that I...
  8. Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive: (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?) I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC....
  9. Xbox Game Pass Beta isn't allowing me to download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass Beta isn't allowing me to download.: I have downloaded one game before but now when i'm choosing which drive to download to it's saying that "the administrator has disabled Storage Service on this system."...
  10. Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC: Hey guys, After i finish downloading games, such as Astroneer and Wargroove on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 i am unable to launch these games. Once i press the PLAY button for any of these games nothing happens, however Sea of Thieves does in fact work. Please Help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox beta installer not installing

2. xbox beta app not installing

3. xbox beta pc app not installing

4. xbox beta app not installing games,
  5. game not installing xbox beta,
  6. xbox beta not installing,
  7. Xbox Beta app cant install games,
  8. xbox pc beta not installing games,
  9. xbxo pc beta not showing games i own,
  10. zbiz beta app not installing,
  11. xbox beta games wont.launch,