Windows 10: Xbox Beta App recognizes folders on drive from previous Windows installation, clarification...

Discus and support Xbox Beta App recognizes folders on drive from previous Windows installation, clarification... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Long story short: I had my old Windows 10 installation start failing on me, so I made a clean install and wiped everything out. I have multiple drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cloudropis, May 19, 2020.

1. Xbox Beta App recognizes folders on drive from previous Windows installation, clarification...

Long story short: I had my old Windows 10 installation start failing on me, so I made a clean install and wiped everything out. I have multiple drives in my system, those relevant to my issue are C: held the OS itself, formatted completely when reinstalled W10 and E: personal software and data, it held all the installation files and library from the Xbox App. This drive hasn't been formatted.

After reinstalling Windows I noticed all the folders created by the Xbox App lying in E:, they couldn't be deleted without a very roundabout procedure involving changing folder ownership. I managed to delete all of them, or so I thought.

Now, a few months later, I finally downloaded the Xbox App again, with a new subscription, went on to make E: the default installation folder again, and was met with this message:

https://i.imgur.com/u2FNAUU.jpg
    DO YOU WANT TO DELETE OTHER APPS?

In this drive apps from another device are present. Deleting those other apps is required to use this drive. Do you wish to proceed?

Turns out one old folder from the previous system's Xbox App was still there, called Program Files and containing ModifiableWindowsApps, owned by SYSTEM.

and, when selecting No:

https://i.imgur.com/eplSHDP.jpg
    Couldn't create file path yadda yadda error 0x80004004

My questions are the following:

1 If I choose Yes, will it just delete that Program Files or is it gonna wipe the entire HDD clean? That's the reason I chose no, the wording is unclear and I'm worried I'm actually gonna wipe my drive entirely.

2 If I instead delete that folder through the method I deleted all other ones with, by giving my own account full permission and deleting the folder which, afaik, is the official, Microsoft endorsed method to delete those folders, found many answers on this site from community managers saying the same, can I expect everything to work without the prompt in the first message to appear again?

Thanks in advance

:)

cloudropis, May 19, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, May 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, May 19, 2020
  4. Xbox Beta App recognizes folders on drive from previous Windows installation, clarification...

Xbox App and Xbox App (Beta) keep crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox App (Beta) keeps on crashing. It is possible that the app is not updated or there is a software conflict with the other apps installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, We suggest that you perform the following solutions
    on your PC:

Solution 1. Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this link to fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store.

Solution 2. Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Solution 3. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App (Beta)

If the issue persists, click on this link for the steps to perform a clean
    boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup applications. It also helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update to your PC.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Beta App recognizes folders on drive from previous Windows installation, clarification...

1. Xbox Beta App recognizes folders on drive from previous Windows installation, clarification... - Similar Threads - Xbox Beta App

2. Make windows recognize apps from previous installation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make windows recognize apps from previous installation.: So I just set up a new windows installation since I got a new SSD. I partioned it, installed windows on the partition and started installing my browser and driver and such. When I was done I wanted to check my games I have downloaded from the Xbox gamepass for PC app. I ofc...
  3. Xbox app Beta wont install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app Beta wont install: I downloaded the Xbox app from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10 and as soon as I start the installer it gets stuck on "making things awesome". The reason I wanted to download the app is because my windows store doesnt let me download anything whatsoever...
  4. Xbox beta app

Xbox beta app: My app won't let me sign in. It just acts like I didn't click anything. I've search the web and Uninstalled,reinstalled several times. Everything is up to date. I've seen several people report this problem but I've yet to find a solution. submitted by /u/rpgeeez [link]...
  5. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  6. Xbox beta app

Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  7. Xbox Beta will not install

Xbox Beta will not install: I've recently moved my gaming onto the xbox beta for windows 10 and also have an active subscription for XGP. Originally the xbox beta software installed but game pass games would not install, staying on preparing indefinitely. I uninstalled the software and tried to...
  8. Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta): Hi, I recently subscribed to xbox gamepass and wanted to download my first game. I have two drive on my pc but my boot drive is to small to install games on it. therefore I wanted to change the install folder on my D drive. But when I go and change the "new app will be saved...
  9. Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive: (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?) I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC....
  10. xbox beta app

xbox beta app: Hello, I recently got a xbox game pass for pc and everytime i install it and try to download sea of thieves i get a blue screen with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. All my drivers are updated, windows is updated, there are no memory issues, and i use windows defender for...